all3media international licenses local ‘The Dog House’ to Australia and acquires canine superstar competition ‘Dog Almighty’
Leading independent distributor all3media international has signed a new format deal with Australian broadcaster Network 10, for the heart-warming, hound-human matchmaking show The Dog House, originally created by Five Mile Films.
In addition, the company has proven its puppy love credentials as it has acquired rights to represent the canine competition series, Dog Almighty, from Great Southern Television, for both tape and format rights. The canine stars will be tested on their dexterity, obedience, and that indefinable WOW Factor.
With pooch popularity at its peak, Network 10 will adapt The Dog House for Australian audiences, with production beginning in Australia in 2021. The Dog House in Australia will take viewers on an emotional journey where vulnerable dogs go from being abandoned to adopted and adored. Each episode follows the dedicated carers at a dog facility who look to rehome animals with loving owners, with the goal of finding long term happiness for their furry friends.
Network 10 Head of Programming, Daniel Monaghan, said, “We really are thrilled to be making our very own production of The Dog House. There is nothing more wonderful than watching a team of devoted matchmakers pairing homeless dogs with hopeful companions. The Dog House Australia is destined to be the most joyous and feel-good series of 2021.”
The Dog House proved a ratings hit when it aired on Channel 4 in 2019. The show garnered wide acclaim from viewers and press alike and was recommissioned earlier this year. The tape version of the show was licenced by all3media International to broadcasters including VRT, SVT, TV2 Denmark, TVNZ, and Canada’s CBC and US’ HBO Max – as reported earlier in the year.
Beyond Network ten, Australia’s local version – all3media International is also in advanced discussions with several European broadcasters regarding format rights and expect to announce further local adaptations soon.
all3media international has also announced the acquisition of canine challenge show Dog Almighty, produced by Great Southern Television. This action-packed competition format searches for the most talented, gifted, and downright exceptional pooch. Over the course of each 60-minute episode, dog and owner must master a variety of specifically designed challenges, as they compete to take home the coveted golden dog bowl and life-changing prize money. A mix of serious competition and warm-hearted humour, Dog Almighty is also an ode to the enduring and timeless relationship between humans and their pets. Behind every talented dog is an adoring human – and both can be competitive!
The original version of Dog Almighty, produced by Great Southern Television for TVNZ in New Zealand, is currently airing in primetime on TVNZ 2. There is strong interest across several territories for tape and format rights.
Nick Smith, EVP Formats at all3media International said, “I’m delighted to see that The Dog House is finding a home in Australia – and that so many countries around the world are keen to see abandoned rescue dogs being matched with families who can offer them a loving home. It’s first dates for dogs – truly heart-warming and feel-good TV. We’re also thrilled to launch the more competitive Dog Almighty – the relationship between the dog and owner provides pure entertainment for all the family – and a formula for local production around the world.”
- Colors Kannada launches ‘BIGG BOSS Kannada’ Season 8 79 views | posted on February 26, 2021
- Fremantle acquires multi-territory production rights for ‘Good With Wood’ 56 views | posted on February 25, 2021
- Flame Distribution to handle global sales of ‘Life in Colour With David Attenborough’ 53 views | posted on February 26, 2021
- The Walt Disney Company Asia Pacific announces leadership team 53 views | posted on March 1, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020