Toonz Media Group strikes strategic partnership with Soyuzmultfilm to co-produce a ground-breaking new animation series
SMF (Soyuzmultfilm) Studio, Russia’s oldest and most prestigious production company has signed up with global animation leaders Toonz Media Group for a strategic partnership to co-produce a brand-new animation series.
Aliens in My Backpack comes from Rob Lee and James Driscoll – the creators of the worldwide franchise Fireman Sam and the BAFTA-nominated World Award-winning animated children’s cartoon series The Shoe People.
This new Aliens CGI series brings to life a family of characters from a distant planet with perfect ecological settings, who are on a mission to share their secrets with Earth and make our planet greener.
Production will be handled by Toonz and Soyuzmultfilm Studios, with the partnership responsible for video distribution and licensing and merchandising. The deal was negotiated by former Disney Executive and EVP at Toonz Media Group Paul Robinson.
Commenting on the partnership Chairman of the Board of SMF (Soyuzmultfilm) Studio Yuliana Slascheva says, “Partnering with Toonz is a significant milestone for SMF Studio growth, as one of our strategic goals is to establish our company in the international market. Both our companies have powerful creative potential and Toonz has undoubted experience in the global promotion of content. The defining reason for this partnership is, of course, the values that the animated series introduces to the audience: animation is the best way to convey to children complicated issues in a simple language.”
P. Jayakumar, CEO of Toonz Media Group says, “We are delighted to partner with a studio of such deep heritage as Soyuzmultfilm. For Toonz this is a very exciting project as it upholds the universal value of environment conservation, which would appeal to kids and families across the world.”
Production of the 52×11 minutes CGI series will start late in 2020 and the first episode will be available to show to potential media and broadcast partners by mid/late 2021.
- E1 Championship flags off with the region’s top sim-racers competing for a share of US$15,000 45 views | posted on November 19, 2020
- Quintus acquires factual titles for its VOD channels Free Documentary and Free Documentary Nature 45 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- Watch features and short films for free at the inaugural True Colors Film Festival 44 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- all3media international announces pre-sales to five continents for new Russell T. Davies drama ‘It’s A Sin’ 42 views | posted on November 20, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020