ITV Studios presents its exciting content slate at its inaugural Fall Festival
Present at the event were Julian Bellamy, Managing Director of ITV Studios; Ruth Berry, Managing Director of Global Distribution; Maarten Meijs, President of Global Entertainment at ITV Studios; Lisa Perrin, Managing Director of International Productions at ITV Studios; Mike Beale, Managing Director of Global Creative Network; and Avi Armoza, CEO of Armoza Formats.
Kicking things off at the press breakfast, Julian reported that ITV’s shows are resuming their productions following a pause in March and April due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Julian said, “We are in the midst of incredibly challenging times but our strategy as a studio group remains unchanged, and in particular, our focus on retaining and strengthening our creative talent base.”
Julian also revealed news of the announcement of Nicola Shindler joining ITV Studios next year as she sets up a scripted label within ITV.
Ruth Berry introduced ITV Studios’ exciting content slate for Drama and Non-Scripted formats. For Drama, Ruth said that World Productions’ Vigil will air on SBS and ABC in Australia; as well as The Pembrokshire Murders which will be shown in Singapore, Taiwan, Malaysia, and Hong Kong. There are also releases such as Romulus, Leopard Pictures’ Worzel Gummidge, and BUMP.
For ITV Studios’ Non-Scripted formats, Ruth introduced content such as Love Island USA, Trump’s America, Attenborough’s Journey, Arctic Ice Railroad, Waterfront House Masters, and Dancing on Thin Ice with Torvill & Dean.
Maarten Meijs, President of Global Entertainment at ITV Studios reported on the successful launch of several ITV Studios’ properties such as The Voice, Love Island, and Beat The Chasers, the latter which has brought in strong ratings and secured recommissions.
Maarten said, “With more than 20 game shows in our catalogue, we humbly call ourselves ‘The House of Gameshows’ and we have recently hit a big milestone for Five Gold Rings by commissioning it in Germany and Spain.”
Maarten also introduced entertainment content that has done particularly well for ITV: The Alphabet Game and Divided.
One of the most popular titles from ITV Studios is The Voice, which is celebrating its 10th anniversary. Maarten said that the global franchise has 125 versions and that the brand is growing with The Voice Senior in Italy and Brazil. Aired in over 180 countries around the world, Maarten revealed that The Voice will receive a spin-off entitled The Voice All-Stars.
Apart from The Voice, Maarten also introduced ITV Studios’ slate of reality shows such as Love Island, Let Love Rule, We Want More, Don’t Rock The Boat, and I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here.
- Hong Kong FILMART Online to open on 15 March 71 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- The Walt Disney Company Asia Pacific announces leadership team 70 views | posted on March 1, 2021
- Cottonwood Media to launch production of the premium period live-action kids’ series ‘Theodosia’ 38 views | posted on March 1, 2021
- Lee Seung-gi makes K-drama comeback with ‘Mouse’ to be aired on tvN 29 views | posted on March 3, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020