ITV Studios presents its exciting content slate at its inaugural Fall Festival
Present at the event were Julian Bellamy, Managing Director of ITV Studios; Ruth Berry, Managing Director of Global Distribution; Maarten Meijs, President of Global Entertainment at ITV Studios; Lisa Perrin, Managing Director of International Productions at ITV Studios; Mike Beale, Managing Director of Global Creative Network; and Avi Armoza, CEO of Armoza Formats.
Kicking things off at the press breakfast, Julian reported that ITV’s shows are resuming their productions following a pause in March and April due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Julian said, “We are in the midst of incredibly challenging times but our strategy as a studio group remains unchanged, and in particular, our focus on retaining and strengthening our creative talent base.”
Julian also revealed news of the announcement of Nicola Shindler joining ITV Studios next year as she sets up a scripted label within ITV.
Ruth Berry introduced ITV Studios’ exciting content slate for Drama and Non-Scripted formats. For Drama, Ruth said that World Productions’ Vigil will air on SBS and ABC in Australia; as well as The Pembrokshire Murders which will be shown in Singapore, Taiwan, Malaysia, and Hong Kong. There are also releases such as Romulus, Leopard Pictures’ Worzel Gummidge, and BUMP.
For ITV Studios’ Non-Scripted formats, Ruth introduced content such as Love Island USA, Trump’s America, Attenborough’s Journey, Arctic Ice Railroad, Waterfront House Masters, and Dancing on Thin Ice with Torvill & Dean.
Maarten Meijs, President of Global Entertainment at ITV Studios reported on the successful launch of several ITV Studios’ properties such as The Voice, Love Island, and Beat The Chasers, the latter which has brought in strong ratings and secured recommissions.
Maarten said, “With more than 20 game shows in our catalogue, we humbly call ourselves ‘The House of Gameshows’ and we have recently hit a big milestone for Five Gold Rings by commissioning it in Germany and Spain.”
Maarten also introduced entertainment content that has done particularly well for ITV: The Alphabet Game and Divided.
One of the most popular titles from ITV Studios is The Voice, which is celebrating its 10th anniversary. Maarten said that the global franchise has 125 versions and that the brand is growing with The Voice Senior in Italy and Brazil. Aired in over 180 countries around the world, Maarten revealed that The Voice will receive a spin-off entitled The Voice All-Stars.
Apart from The Voice, Maarten also introduced ITV Studios’ slate of reality shows such as Love Island, Let Love Rule, We Want More, Don’t Rock The Boat, and I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here.
- E1 Championship flags off with the region’s top sim-racers competing for a share of US$15,000 45 views | posted on November 19, 2020
- Quintus acquires factual titles for its VOD channels Free Documentary and Free Documentary Nature 45 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- Watch features and short films for free at the inaugural True Colors Film Festival 44 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- all3media international announces pre-sales to five continents for new Russell T. Davies drama ‘It’s A Sin’ 42 views | posted on November 20, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020