Award-winning Sky Original ‘Das Boot’ returns for a third season
Award-winning Sky Original, Das Boot, is set to return for a third series. Produced by Bavaria Fiction for Sky Studios, the latest season will be produced in 8k with a Dolby Atmos soundscape, completely immersing viewers in the drama set aboard a German submarine during WW2.
The first two seasons of Das Boot are already available in UHD, however, thanks to a partnership with Samsung, Sky Q customers with a Samsung Smart TV can look forward to an even sharper 8k viewing experience for Season 3, along with a vivid soundscape, created using innovative Dolby Atmos technology.
Marcus Ammon, Director Original Productions Sky Deutschland, said, “After the great success of the first two seasons, we are looking forward to the next chapter of Das Boot. The series has a loyal fan base around the world, and we are excited to take their viewing experience to the next level with a breathtaking and visually captivating high-end production using the latest, innovative technology. We are delighted that we have been able to collaborate with Samsung as a partner for this latest season.”
Moritz Polter and Jan S. Kaiser, executive producers Das Boot, Bavaria Fiction, said ,“Das Boot is the first international series to be produced in 8k and Dolby Atmos. Thanks to the outstanding picture quality and three-dimensional soundscapes, we can tell the individual characters and storylines in an even more emotional and tangible way – creating a truly immersive experience for the audience. Thanks to the new cooperation with Samsung and the long-standing partnerships with Dolby and of course Sky Studios, we are very excited to produce the third season of Das Boot using the ultimate, state-of-the-art technology.”
Mike Henkelmann, Director Marketing Consumer Electronics at Samsung, said: “With 8K technology, we are truly pioneering high-definition imaging technology and offering both filmmakers and viewers unprecedented image quality. We are convinced that the gripping story of Das Boot will take full advantage of the technology and that Sky and Samsung will be able to offer viewers a very special experience.”
Moritz Polter (Spotless, Freud) and Jan S. Kaiser (Hotel Lux, Brecht) are executive producers for Bavaria Fiction, Marcus Ammon, Frank Jastfelder and Julia Jaensch are executive producers for Sky Deutschland, Jason Simms for Sky Studios. Caroline Fischer (Bavaria Fiction) acts as producer. NBC Universal Global Distribution handle international sales on behalf of Sky Studios.
Das Boot has already received multiple awards, such as the Magnolia Award of the Shanghai TV Festival (Best Foreign TV Film/Miniseries), the ROMY (Prize of the Jury) as well as the Bavarian Television Prize (Special Prize of the Jury) and the German Television Prize 2019 (best actress: Vicky Krieps and best camera: David Luther). In 2020 David Luther received a gold award for best camerawork at the New York Festivals® TV & Film Awards.
Season three of Das Boot is supported by the Czech Cinematography Fund and the Malta Film Commission.
- E1 Championship flags off with the region’s top sim-racers competing for a share of US$15,000 45 views | posted on November 19, 2020
- Quintus acquires factual titles for its VOD channels Free Documentary and Free Documentary Nature 45 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- Watch features and short films for free at the inaugural True Colors Film Festival 44 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- all3media international announces pre-sales to five continents for new Russell T. Davies drama ‘It’s A Sin’ 42 views | posted on November 20, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020