Abacus Media Rights appoints distribution sales expert Hana Palmer as Head of Sales
Abacus Media Rights (AMR), a member of the Amcomri Media Group, has appointed Hana Palmer to the new position of Head of Sales, it was announced today by Managing Director, Jonathan Ford. Working as a consultant at AMR since May, Palmer currently looks after a slew of territories including Nordics, Benelux, France, Italy, UK & Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand for AMR.
Hana has worked in a number of senior roles in key distribution companies including Kew Media Distribution where she worked across German-speaking Europe, CEE, Nordics, and Benelux where she sold Primetime Emmy and BAFTA Award-winning documentary Leaving Neverland and Jed Mercurio’s multi-award-winning drama Line of Duty. Hana was Head of Scripted and Formats for the UK and Nordics – and managed the sales team at Passion Distribution and was also Head of Sales at Mentorn International and Senior Sales Manager at Television Corporation International across both formats and finished programming.
Jonathan Ford, Managing Director, AMR, comments: “I am very pleased to welcome such an experienced team member as Hana in this important role. We have worked together before and Hana’s broad experience across multiple territories and genres of programming gleaned from senior positions at other distribution companies, makes her the perfect choice to help AMR grow and step up to the next level.”
Hana Palmer adds, “I am delighted to be working with Jonathan and the growing team at Abacus. AMR is a young company with great credentials and big ambitions. I look forward to delivering top quality content to our international broadcast clients and to facilitating pre-sales and development finance as well as broadcaster commissions across all programming genres.”
AMR recently attended the virtual MIPCOM 2020 event with brand new, highly-anticipated programming such as the timely CBC original drama series Trickster; enlightening and candid documentary Lennon’s Last Weekend, and uncompromising documentary feature People You May Know among many other new launches.
- Hong Kong FILMART Online to open on 15 March 71 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- The Walt Disney Company Asia Pacific announces leadership team 70 views | posted on March 1, 2021
- Cottonwood Media to launch production of the premium period live-action kids’ series ‘Theodosia’ 38 views | posted on March 1, 2021
- Lee Seung-gi makes K-drama comeback with ‘Mouse’ to be aired on tvN 29 views | posted on March 3, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020