Post-Event: 2020 Hong Kong International Film and Television Market goes virtual
For the first time ever, the annual Hong Kong International Film and Television Market (FILMARTOnline) went virtual, with conferences and screenings taking place online. Organised by the Hong Kong Trade Development Council (HKTDC), FILMART Online kicked off its four-day event on 26 August which ran until 29 August.
The virtual content marketplace attracted close to 7,000 international buyers from 73 countries and regions, and 2,100 film and television productions were released and promoted at the event. In addition, over 2,000 online business-matching meetings were arranged, which illustrated the strong demand for entertainment content globally and confidence in the prospects for the industry.
To help boost exchange and networking amongst participants, FILMART Online had dedicated pages for exhibitors to showcase their profiles and productions. It also had a virtual screening tool that allows buyers to identify productions that interest them and enjoy previews with ease.
At the heart of FILMART Online are six conferences that addressed the post-pandemic outlook for the industry, focusing on key topics such as the mainland entertainment market, the latest streaming platform trends in Asia, and technologies for developing interactive content. Among the featured speakers at FILMART Online included representatives from Media Partners Asia, New Classics Media, MX Player, and WebTVAsia.
What’s more, the FILMART Online platform will be available until the 30th of September. This allows exhibitors to continue to promote their productions and connect with buyers via the multifunctional online platform, while buyers can search for projects and enjoy online screenings. If a refresher is needed, registered users may view footage from the online conferences and seminars that were held during the event.
- Zee and Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. announce new co-production partnership 81 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- Anime titles from Medialink Group’s Ani-One library to start streaming on Mediacorp’s meWATCH platform 73 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- SynProNize and ATV take Turkish drama series ‘Hercai’ to Pakistan 44 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- Winsing Animation brings new content to MIPTV 42 views | posted on April 9, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020