MIP Cancun Online+ and All3media International announce judges for second ‘Formats Pitch Competition’
MIP Cancun Online+ 2020, the digital edition of the Latin American TV Market, announced the line-up of industry-renowned judges for its Formats Pitch Competition, held in partnership with independent distributor, all3media international.
MIP Cancun Online+ takes place entirely online from 17-20 November. The Formats Pitch Competition will take place online on 19 November.
Produced by MIP Cancun, in association with all3media international, the 2nd edition of the MIP Cancun Formats Pitch is a regional pitching competition for creators and producers of new non-scripted entertainment format concepts in Latin America. The MIP Cancun Online+ Formats Pitch winner will receive a prize of $5,000 to develop their idea to the next pitch stage, plus an invaluable supporting document in the form of a tailored report, in addition to time with a key executive.
Part of the 100% digital MIP Cancun Online+, the competition offers the opportunity for producers to present their format ideas on the international stage as part of a dynamic pitch environment. Entrants benefit from the advice and engagement of experienced producers and broadcasters at every stage.
THE MIP CANCUN ONLINE+ FORMATS PITCH JURY:
The Shortlist Jury – Shortlisted Projects Selection:
Graham Spencer, SVP, EMEA South, all3media international
Maartje Horchner, EVP Content, all3media international
Sushil Mirchandani, Senior Development Producer, Second Star
Carmen Ferreiro, Director of Entertainment Programs, Atresmedia
Ana Cueto, Head of R&D, Atresmedia
The Final Round Judges – The Online Pitch Panel:
Janel Downing, VP Latin America, all3media international (Panel Chair)
Felix Wesseler, COO, Filmpool
Michela Giorelli, VP, Production & Development, Discovery Networks Latin America/US Hispanic
Carolina Iacia, Senior Acquisitions Manager, Globo
Juan Vicente, Director of Content & International Business, Mega
MIP Cancun Director, Bénédicte Touchard de Morant, says, “This second edition of MIP Cancun Formats Pitch offers a great opportunity for creators and producers to pitch their format ideas online. The current pandemic situation should not block the development of creativity, which I’m sure we’ll see in this competition.”
Janel Downing, VP Sales Latin America all3media international, comments “We are delighted to be running the MIP Cancun Formats Pitch again with Reed MIDEM. Our inaugural event proved that there’s a huge amount of creative talent in the region – and we are sure that this year will bring forth more format ideas that will suit the region perfectly. We are pleased to be able to run the competition virtually allowing everyone to participate.”
CALL FOR ENTRIES DEADLINE EXTENDED TO 18 SEPTEMBER (100% Online)
The call for entries is now open with an extended deadline for submissions through 18 September 2020.
The shortlist will be announced in early October 2020.
- Global Agency announces new sales for rom-com series ‘Daydreamer’ 9.6k views | posted on October 27, 2020
- Meet the K-drama stars of the new series ‘Kairos’ on #TwitterBlueroom Live before its premiere 362 views | posted on October 23, 2020
- BBC Studios announces deal with Discovery Inc. for ‘Top Gear’ catalogue in Japan 63 views | posted on October 26, 2020
- TBS, Sony Pictures Television sign global distribution and format agreement for ‘Time Is Money’ 54 views | posted on October 23, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020