ITV Studios to distribute Leopard Pictures’ ‘Worzel Gummide’ and Roadshow Rough Diamond’s ‘Bump’
ITV Studios announced that it has acquired the international distribution rights to Leopard Pictures’ Worzel Gummidge and Roadshow Rough Diamond’s Bump ahead of its inaugural ITV Studios Fall Festival.
A ratings success for the BBC and adored by viewers and critics alike, Worzel Gummidge is a star-studded modern adaptation of Barbara Euphan Todd’s glorious stories. BAFTA winner Mackenzie Crook (Detectorists, The Office, Pirates of the Caribbean) – who also writes and directs – stars as the charming and irreverent scarecrow who mysteriously comes to life, alongside Michael Palin (The Death of Stalin, Monty Python), Zoë Wanamaker (Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone), Vicki Pepperdine, Steve Pemberton and Rosie Cavaliero (Gentleman Jack). Based on the much-loved children’s books and 80s TV series, Worzel Gummidge is a drama infused with a fun, mischievous spirit and delivered with a timely environmental message – the perfect family treat for viewers of all ages.
Stan Original Series Bump is a sharply funny and fast-paced relationship drama that explores the unplanned and life-changing consequences of impulsive moments in life. The 10-part drama series centres around Oly (played by Nathalie Morris), an ambitious and high-achieving teenage girl who has a surprise baby; and the complications that ensue for two families. Set in and around a high school in contemporary inner Sydney and following the main characters’ home, Bump explores unexpected motherhood, unwelcome new relatives, and unintended consequences with humour and emotional honesty. Bump stars Claudia Karvan (The Other Guy), who leads as Oly’s mother Angie and also acts as a producer of the series.
Julie Meldal-Johnsen, EVP of Global Content, ITV Studios, said “We’re so excited to be working with the brilliant Leopard Pictures and Roadshow Rough Diamond for the first time on two fantastic shows, both from hugely talented, multi-hyphenate filmmakers. Worzel Gummidge is ‘chocolate box’ Britain at its best, beautifully and cleverly made with children at the heart of the story and Bump adds a unique, honest, and exceptionally funny voice to our slate.”
The ITV Studios Fall Festival is a series of virtual content and production sessions for buyers held over three weeks from 14 September 2020.
In addition to providing a dedicated space for buyers to connect with the ITV Studios sales teams (including Global Distribution, Global Entertainment,s and Armoza Formats) face-to-face, underpinned by leading-edge technology, it will include a calendar of screenings as well as punchy interactive and pre-recorded sessions which will enable clients to take a deeper dive into its world-leading titles and talent.
- Winsing Animation spotlights its new IP at the ATF 46 views | posted on November 23, 2020
- AVIA closes the year on a high note with its biggest turnout yet for the Asia Video Summit 37 views | posted on November 25, 2020
- Stone Village, BlackBox Multimedia partner to Adapt Mary Shelley’s ‘Frankenstein’ 32 views | posted on November 23, 2020
- Bilibili announces 33 new Chinese anime titles at ‘Made By Bilibili 2020-2021’ 30 views | posted on November 24, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020