GMA Network launches new Asian-pop culture digital channel
GMA Network breaks new ground as it launches Hallypop, the first-ever digital channel in the Philippines to offer Asian pop, variety, lifestyle, and entertainment programs. The channel made its official TV premiere on 20 September. Made possible by the partnership between GMA and Jungo TV, Hallypop gives Filipino viewers 24/7 access to the hottest shows including international concert tours, trendy music videos, and live performances of today’s biggest global superstars.
K-entertainment aficionados took their excitement to social media with the arrival of Hallypop in the country. The #GMAHallypopPremiere took the No. 1 spot on Twitter, amassing over 8,000 tweets and counting!
Among the much-awaited programs on Hallypop include the top-rating Korean variety show Running Man, hit music show Music Bank, K-pop royalty JYP’s musical talk show JYP’s Party People, popular online talk show Sidewalk Talk, reality TV competition K-Pop Star, and highly-requested music videos and concert performances of international artists on StarGazeMuzik and Hallystage.
GMA Network Chairman and CEO Felipe L. Gozon shared his excitement towards this partnership with international content distributor Jungo TV, “We are grateful to Jungo TV and Mr. Chung for entrusting us with their channel and content to be the first here in the Philippines to distribute their content.”
“Hallypop represents a new and exciting direction in the reimagined world of Asian entertainment,” said Jungo TV CEO and co-founder George Chung. “We are excited to expand on Hallypop’s success in the United States and honored to be partnered with GMA, led by the vision and leadership of Mr. Gozon, that allows us to bring top-tier Korean and Asian pop culture entertainment to the best and most loyal fans in the world.”
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One 1.1k views | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced 377 views | posted on January 17, 2021
- Bilibili presents China’s first virtual idol musical fantasy film ‘Vox Ultima’ 65 views | posted on January 15, 2021
- Passion Distribution announces Producers Programming Brief initiative 35 views | posted on January 13, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Producer Alan Eucharis Choo by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 11, 2021