GMA Network launches new Asian-pop culture digital channel
GMA Network breaks new ground as it launches Hallypop, the first-ever digital channel in the Philippines to offer Asian pop, variety, lifestyle, and entertainment programs. The channel made its official TV premiere on 20 September. Made possible by the partnership between GMA and Jungo TV, Hallypop gives Filipino viewers 24/7 access to the hottest shows including international concert tours, trendy music videos, and live performances of today’s biggest global superstars.
K-entertainment aficionados took their excitement to social media with the arrival of Hallypop in the country. The #GMAHallypopPremiere took the No. 1 spot on Twitter, amassing over 8,000 tweets and counting!
Among the much-awaited programs on Hallypop include the top-rating Korean variety show Running Man, hit music show Music Bank, K-pop royalty JYP’s musical talk show JYP’s Party People, popular online talk show Sidewalk Talk, reality TV competition K-Pop Star, and highly-requested music videos and concert performances of international artists on StarGazeMuzik and Hallystage.
GMA Network Chairman and CEO Felipe L. Gozon shared his excitement towards this partnership with international content distributor Jungo TV, “We are grateful to Jungo TV and Mr. Chung for entrusting us with their channel and content to be the first here in the Philippines to distribute their content.”
“Hallypop represents a new and exciting direction in the reimagined world of Asian entertainment,” said Jungo TV CEO and co-founder George Chung. “We are excited to expand on Hallypop’s success in the United States and honored to be partnered with GMA, led by the vision and leadership of Mr. Gozon, that allows us to bring top-tier Korean and Asian pop culture entertainment to the best and most loyal fans in the world.”
- Meet the K-drama stars of the new series ‘Kairos’ on #TwitterBlueroom Live before its premiere 342 views | posted on October 23, 2020
- Global Agency announces new sales for rom-com series ‘Daydreamer’ 84 views | posted on October 27, 2020
- Asian storytelling, reimagined: New genres, fresh opportunities for Asian creators at the Singapore Media Festival 2020 80 views | posted on October 21, 2020
- BBC Studios announces deal with Discovery Inc. for ‘Top Gear’ catalogue in Japan 52 views | posted on October 26, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020