Abacus Media Rights secures global sales for hard-hitting documentary feature ‘People You May Know’
Abacus Media Rights (AMR), the new distribution company headed by Jonathan Ford, has secured a slew of pre-sales for the documentary feature People You May Know.
People You May Know which unravels the workings behind a powerful organisation with ties to the heart of the White House has been acquired ahead of its MIPCOM launch by AMC Networks’ streaming service Sundance Now US, UK & Canada, Fusion US, ZDF Germany, HistoireTV France, DR Denmark, NRK Norway, Channel 8 Israel, DIRECTV Latin America, Globoplay Brazil, iwonder Australia & Asia and Rialto New Zealand.
Produced by Metrotone Media, People You May Know is an uncompromising and personal exposé that expands the genre of investigative documentary. The film follows Charles Kriel, specialist advisor to a UK parliament disinformation committee, when he discovers Cambridge Analytica collaborating with a software company creating a microtargeting platform for US churches, targeting vulnerable people – the poor, the grieving, the addicted – to radicalise them for far-right politics. With the imminent US 2020 elections, Kriel gathers a team of whistle-blowers and journalists, to journey across America with his young family, where he discovers a powerful organisation with ties to the heart of the White House. The man who commissioned CA is a member of the most powerful secret political organisation in the United States, with an agenda to rewrite the Constitution according to Christian Law. Going undercover, Kriel risks everything to gain access where no outsider has ever set foot.
“We never expected this wild ride. What started as a piece on fake news exploded, Icharus-style, into a crucial story leading into a seismic US election,” commented directors Katharina Viken and Charles Kriel.
Jonathan Ford, Managing Director Abacus Media Rights, added, “People You May Know is a very strong and gripping factual feature which exposes shocking events taking place at the highest level in the most powerful country of the world. These manipulative and despicable actions affect all of us around the world and with new elections just about to take place in the US, this is ‘must-see’ television at its best.”
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One 1.1k views | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced 379 views | posted on January 17, 2021
- Bilibili presents China’s first virtual idol musical fantasy film ‘Vox Ultima’ 65 views | posted on January 15, 2021
- Passion Distribution announces Producers Programming Brief initiative 35 views | posted on January 13, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Producer Alan Eucharis Choo by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 11, 2021