Nelvana and Spin Master expand Bakugan franchise with new international broadcast partners
Nelvana, a world-leading international producer, and distributor of children’s animated and live-action content, together with Spin Master, a leading global children’s entertainment company, have secured new international broadcast partners for Season 1, Bakugan®: Battle Planet™ (100 x 11 min) and Season 2, Bakugan®: Armored Alliance™ (104 x 11 min).
The new distribution deals include Netflix (U.S., Canada), POP (U.K.), 9Go! (Australia) and Dreamia (Portugal) for Bakugan: Armored Alliance as well as Televisa (Mexico), Dreamia (Portugal), Nelonen Media (Finland), Dexy Co (Serbia), and Talent Show (Croatia) for Bakugan: Battle Planet. These new distribution deals are in addition to the previously announced broadcast partners including TELETOON (Canada), Cartoon Network (U.S.), Cartoon Network (Spain, Italy, Middle East), Gulli and Canal J (France, Africa), POP (U.K.), SUPER RTL (Germany), RTL (Netherlands, Hungary, Croatia), 9Go! (Australia), TVNZ (New Zealand), Star (Greece), 1+1 (Ukraine), POP TV (Slovenia), VMMa (Belgium), M6 (France, Africa), and Lithuania/SIA (Baltics).
“Bakugan is a revered franchise with a loyal fan base that has achieved great popularity worldwide as the series continues to enthrall and capture the attention of young audiences,” said Mellany Masterson, Head of Nelvana Enterprises. “The momentous addition of these leading international broadcasters elevates this powerful franchise to the next level and allows Bakugan to be shared and enjoyed by many more brawlers around the world.”
“The continued influx of international distribution deals is a strong testament to the franchise’s reigning popularity,” said Thom Chapman, Senior Director, Sales & Distribution, Spin Master. “Bakugan is an exemplary franchise for Spin Master proven in its long-lasting brand affinity. We look forward to bringing the epic world of Bakugan to more fans with this expansion.”
Bakugan: Armored Alliance is the second season of Bakugan: Battle Planet. The anime adventure series follows the adventures of Dan Kouzo and his best friends as the first kids on Earth to bond with the mysterious alien creatures known as Bakugan. The fate of not one but two planets rests in the hands of this new breed of Bakugan Brawlers. The new season launched earlier this year on Cartoon Network in the U.S., and TELETOON in Canada, with new episodes of Bakugan: Armored Alliance airing Sundays at 6:30 a.m. ET on Cartoon Network in the U.S. and Sundays at 2:30 p.m. ET on TELETOON and Fridays at 2:05 p.m. ET on YTV in Canada. In the fall, new episodes will air Sundays at 12:30 p.m. ET on TELETOON and 2:05 p.m. ET on YTV.
Along with the new season, Spin Master launched Bakugan: Armored Alliance toys in North America in Spring 2020, with a new wave of products launching this Fall 2020 in the U.S. and Canada. Additionally, the children’s entertainment company will be rolling out their Bakugan: Armored Alliance toy line internationally this Fall.
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One 1.3k views | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced 482 views | posted on January 17, 2021
- Nippon TV’s award-winning drama series ‘Mother’ Thai version wins Best Script Writing at the 25th Asian Television Awards 94 views | posted on January 18, 2021
- Bilibili presents China’s first virtual idol musical fantasy film ‘Vox Ultima’ 80 views | posted on January 15, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Producer Alan Eucharis Choo by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 11, 2021