From ‘Churails’ to ‘Pareeksha’ – All that’s new in August on ZEE5 Global
With a list of new and exciting originals lined-up, ZEE5, the largest OTT platform for Indian content will see the arrival of much-anticipated films and web-series this month.
Under its roster of offerings for the month, here are the highlights of what to look forward to:
Directed by critically acclaimed filmmaker, Asim Abbasi, Churails brings together a talented cast led by Sarwat Gilani Mirza, Nimra Bucha, Mehar Bano, and Yasra Rizvi for this power-packed narrative. Churails narrates the story of four self-proclaimed Churails who come together to open a covert detective agency to expose cheating husbands amongst the city’s elite. As their operations expand, they come to be saviours of abused, harassed, and mistreated women. The gripping and fast-paced storyline covers myriad issues such as child abuse, sexism, domination of class and race.
Abhay Season 2
The second season of Abhay, released on the 14th of August, has Kunal Khemu reprising his role of investigating officer Abhay Pratap Singh. But this time around, he is seen dealing with more deadly criminals, played by actors Ram Kapoor, Chunky Panday, and Raghav Juyal. Directed by Ken Ghosh, the eight-episode series will also star Nidhi Singh, Bidita Bag, Asha Negi, Indraneil Sengupta, and Asheema Vardhan.
Directed by Baba Azmi, Mee Raqsam is inspired by the relationship that actor Shabana Azmi shared with her father and celebrated poet Kaifi Azmi. The story has Danish Husain as a father, Salim, who inspires and motivates his daughter Mariam (Aditi Subedi) to pursue her dream of becoming a dancer against all odds. Veteran actor Naseeruddin Shah essays the role of a community leader. The film is set for its digital premiere on August 21st.
Streaming now, Prakash Jha’s film Pareeksha is a commentary on India’s education system. It follows the story of a Bihar-based rickshaw puller, played by Adil Hussain, whose biggest dream is to provide quality education to his son. But it is not as easy as he thinks it is going to be. The film also stars Priyanka Bose and Sanjay Suri in significant roles.
Adding to its vast content library, the OTT giant will also feature a collection of blockbuster Tamil Originals, Danny and Lockup. The platform has also bagged the rights for a set of South-Indian blockbusters including Shivaji Surthkal, Panchraksham, Donga, and Amrutham Dwithiyam.
- Nippon TV’s award-winning drama series ‘Mother’ Thai version wins Best Script Writing at the 25th Asian Television Awards 132 views | posted on January 18, 2021
- Period drama ‘Last Madame’ named Best Digital Fiction Series at the 25th Asian Television Awards 115 views | posted on January 18, 2021
- Anchor-turned-actor Ivan Tai cast in RTM miniseries ‘A.I in Love’ with Janna Nick and Dini Shcatzmann 105 views | posted on January 18, 2021
- ‘The Witch of Kings Cross’ to be released worldwide on Amazon, iTunes, Vimeo, and GooglePlay on 9 February 77 views | posted on January 18, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020