Arjan Pomper appointed as Chief Operating Officer Global Entertainment of ITV Studios
Arjan Pomper has been appointed as Chief Operating Officer (COO) of Global Entertainment, ITV Studios. In this role, he will oversee the day-to-day running of the divisions Format Sales, Global Content & Production, and Global Music & Talent Agency. He joins ITV Studios from Media and Communication company Dentsu Aegis Network Belgium in his role as Chief Executive Officer.
Arjan combines a broad background in the media with extensive experience in various international leadership roles in media and content production. He has held the role of CEO at Dentsu Aegis Network (DAN) Belgium for almost two years. This is his second stint with the company as he led as CEO of DAN Netherlands, Middle East, and Africa during the years from 2009 to 2013. Prior to this, Pomper worked at Universal McCann and was also an entrepreneur, co-founding various media companies including building AMPN, a content, and production company in Sub Saharan Africa.
Pomper’s appointment completes the senior management team for Global Entertainment, ITV Studios, consisting of Kim Dingler as Chief Commercial Officer and Maarten Meijs as President. He will report directly to Maarten Meijs.
Maarten Meijs, President of Global Entertainment, said “I’m delighted that Arjan is joining us, he will be a great addition to our organization. In line with the reorganization of ITV Studios’ international distribution and commercial business, the appointment of a COO allows us to further capitalize on the opportunity of a growing content marketplace, and to drive more value from our award-winning content. Arjan comes with a proven track record in growing businesses through innovative strategies, digitalization, acquisitions, and restructuring.”
Arjan Pomper added, “ITV is a top-three player in the industry with the world’s best formats and content. It is a privilege to be joining at a time the business is growing further. I look forward to working for this company and with a great team to deliver value and growth.”
Global Entertainment brings together the specialty and expertise in international unscripted format sales and exploitation across ITV Studios under one roof and leads on the sales and exploitation of unscripted formats as they roll out around the world. The team is known for their expertise in managing shows which attract large audiences with significant global commercial potential. Strong format brands that are monetized in a number of ways, including brand licensing, merchandising, commercial integration, and digital and social activity.
Global Entertainment represents the unscripted format catalogues of ITV Studios, Talpa Media, Armoza Formats, Twofour, and the recently acquired ELK catalogue. Global Entertainment is the home for some of the most powerful unscripted formats in the world such as The Voice, Love Island, The Chase, I Am A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here, and Come Dine With Me.
- AXN All-Stars reunites entertainment heavyweights in a heart-warming virtual collaborative performance 87 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- The Asia TV Forum & Market and ScreenSingapore officially opens its virtual doors on 1 December 77 views | posted on December 1, 2020
- iQIYI International expands global footprint with launch on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 76 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- Silvergate Media prepares to launch season two of award-winning animated series ‘Hilda’ 52 views | posted on November 27, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020