Endemol Shine India to develop Damyanti Biswas’ ‘You Beneath Your Skin’ into drama series
Damyanti Biswas’ bestselling Indian crime novel You Beneath Your Skin has been optioned by Endemol Shine India, where the novel will be developed into a multi-part drama series. Proceeds of the option will go to Damyanti’s hometown of New Delhi.
Deadline reported that the story is set in contemporary New Delhi that tells the story of the struggles of a middle-class Indian-American single mother and her autistic teenage son. The novel tackles endemic problems in India, including violence against women, slum poverty, and police corruption.
Abhishek Rege, CEO, Endemol Shine India, said, “You Beneath Your Skin is a crime thriller, layered with issues of poverty, misogyny, and corruption. Taking a leaf out of the vast legacy of phenomenal women writers in the crime thriller genre – Damyanti’s book brings sensitivity to an otherwise violent genre. The protagonist is fascinating as she is a single mother and traversing an unorthodox life through the rather orthodox setting of Delhi.”
He continued: “Gripping, relevant and hard-hitting, this is a story peopled with many characters, multiple fractured relationships, small intimate moments and effective backstories. This is a thriller with a family at the centre of the plot. These are the stories that Endemol Shine India wants to bring to the fore.”
- CJ ENM Hong Kong partners with iQIYI International to bring tvN movies SVOD service regionally 102 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- MediaHub Australia celebrates 10th year anniversary with more success and services 79 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- Multiple-award winning Thai film ‘Bad Genius’ has been turned into a 12-part series on Dimsum Entertainment’s platform 63 views | posted on August 6, 2020
- David Elder appointed GM at Silver Trak Digital New Zealand 50 views | posted on August 7, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020