AVIA hosts first virtual conference, OTT Virtual Summit, focusing on the most relevant topic of our times during this pandemic crisis – The Future of Video Streaming
The Asia Video Industry Association (AVIA) will be hosting its first virtual conference, the OTT Virtual Summit, from 29 June 29 to 3 July. It will feature a lineup of speakers and thought leaders from across the video, advertising, and tech industry and be attended by more delegates than ever before.
As the definitive OTT conference in Asia, it will see conversations around seven subject matters that are particularly relevant to the industry today including the Challenges and Opportunities of Going D2C, the Woes and Wins of Advertising during COVID times and what the Future of the Video Buy looks like, and the challenge of Connecting with Consumers during and post the pandemic that has hit us all.
Headlining the keynote conversation this year is Yang Xianghua, President of Membership & Overseas Business Group from iQIYI, one of the largest online video sites in the world. “We are actively expanding in the international market to cooperate with more like-minded partners so
as to make sustainable contributions to the development of a global online entertainment ecology, and provide an outstanding entertainment experience to more customers,” said Yang Xianghua. He will be sharing more about iQIYI’s roadmap for the next 2 years as part of their global growth plans and content transformation during his session.
Other key speakers joining the OTT Virtual Summit this year include:
- Simon Robinson, President of APAC, Discovery Asia Pacific & Chief Financial Officer,
- Nikko Acosta, Senior VP, Content Business and Product Management, Globe Telecom
- Tony Zameczkowski, VP, Business Development, Netflix Asia
- Helen Sou, Chief Business Officer – Asia, Viu
- Emily Wee, CEO, TM Net
- John Miskelly, APAC Investment Director, GroupM
- Clément Schwebig, MD, Southeast Asia, Pacific and China, WarnerMedia Entertainment
Networks, Southeast Asia, Pacific and China
- Vinitra Chaudhuri, Director, Digital Engagements, Media and Connection Planning
ASEAN, The Coca-Cola Company
- Tarun Katial, CEO, ZEE5 India
- Gourav Rakshit, COO, Viacom18 Digital Ventures
- Matt Harty, SVP of Asia Pacific, The Trade Desk
- Jason Barnes, Chief Revenue Officer, APAC, PubMatic
“While we regret the lack of physical interaction, it seems appropriate that the OTT Summit should itself be delivered to you over the top. These are indeed unprecedented times for the video industry, but I am excited at the opportunity of delivering a virtual event which will be available to more participants than ever and am looking forward to a week of stimulating conversations,” commented Louis Boswell.
All sessions of the OTT Virtual Summit will be streamed online every day (except Wednesday) from 29 June to 3 July, 09:30 – 11:30am SGT. In addition, delegates will also be able to access a full event platform which will include meeting rooms, virtual networking opportunities, and an on-demand platform for delayed viewing.
For full event and registration details, the official OTT Virtual Summit website.
The OTT Virtual Summit is generously supported by Gold Sponsor Brightcove; Official Pit-Stop Sponsor TV5MONDE and Silver Sponsors Broadcast Professional Pte Ltd, Conviva, Limelight, MediaKind, Netflix, PubMatic, and Vuulr.
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One 620 views | posted on January 16, 2021
- TechStorm kickstarts 2021 with a bang as it launches on Malaysia’s latest direct-to-home platform Sirius TV 404 views | posted on January 11, 2021
- Bidya Sinha Mim and Pritom Hasan starrer ZEE5 Original ‘WTFry’ premieres on ZEE5 79 views | posted on January 11, 2021
- ZEASN and Line TV partner to bring trending content to smart TVs 77 views | posted on January 11, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Producer Alan Eucharis Choo by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 11, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020