ABC Commercial sells ‘Miriam Margolyes’ to the BBC
ABC Commercial has announced the sale of the frank and funny observational series Miriam Margolyes: Almost Australian (HD 3×60’) to the UK public broadcaster BBC.
Produced by Southern Pictures, this warm and engaging series follows the celebrated film and television personality Miriam Margolyes on a two-month, 10,000 kilometre road trip as she digs deep under the skin of modern Australian life to reveal the complex reality of her recently adopted homeland. On this journey of a lifetime British born Margolyes explores the Australian dream, mateship, and the idea of ‘the lucky country’.
ABC Commercial’s Head of Content Sales & Distribution, Jessica Ellis said “Miriam brings such disarming candor and perception to this incredibly entertaining series. If anyone can get to the heart of the nation and bring together audiences of all ages it’s Miriam with her incredibly smart, inquisitive, naughty, and honest personality.” Ellis added, “We’re thrilled to be working with the BBC to bring this wonderful series to UK audiences.”
Southern Pictures Executive Producer Laurie Critchley says, “Miriam is able to shine a light on things that other people miss. While she can have a kind of bull-in-a-china-shop energy, it’s always coupled with her incredible powers of empathy, insight, humour and an open mind. Miriam is upfront about being a new Australian with a lot to learn — and we were amazed how she connected with everyone she met. I’m extremely proud that our series will be part of the BBC’s line-up for 2020. Miriam and Australia are an irresistible combination.”
Miriam Margolyes: Almost Australian is a Southern Pictures Production with principal production investment from Screen Australia in association with the ABC. Financed with support from Screen NSW and Screen Territory. Series created by Southern Pictures, directed by Liz Allen and produced by Ross Wilson. Executive Produced by Laurie Critchley and Aline Jacques.
- Global Agency announces new sales for rom-com series ‘Daydreamer’ 10.1k views | posted on October 27, 2020
- BBC Studios announces deal with Discovery Inc. for ‘Top Gear’ catalogue in Japan 68 views | posted on October 26, 2020
- CNN International Commercial appoints Rob Bradley and Cathy Ibal to lead ‘Audience First’ strategy 51 views | posted on October 29, 2020
- ITV Studios presents its exciting content slate at its inaugural Fall Festival 43 views | posted on October 26, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020