NAGRA IP Blocking Solutions wins top recognition at Videonet Connected TV Awards
Award judge Ian Nock, Managing Director and Founder, Fairmile West, commented: “As pirates evolve, so do the companies who specialise in providing services and technology to fight them. NAGRA is one of the long stayers in this area and has continued to evolve its services to take the fight directly back to the distributors of pirated content through this service. That really caught the eye of the judges. Providing the ability to take down the pirate by identifying them and then providing the tools to block them from sourcing and distributing is a key improvement to assure the value of content.”
“Taking home this award win is another proof point that our IP blocking solution is a critical tool in the industry’s fight against illegal content streaming,” said Jean-Philippe Plantevin, VP Anti-Piracy for NAGRA. “The acceleration in pirate service consumption, driven by an increase in streaming content, apps and devices, creates enormous business risk for the whole content industry. Disrupting pirate services by blocking access to specific servers is key in this process. Our IP blocking solution provides a significant additional tool in the fight against illegal content streaming.”
The NAGRA IP Blocking solution helps service providers regain subscribers lost to pirate services by reducing exposure and access to pirate services. It is a key part of the NAGRA Anti-Piracy Services offering that combines technology, investigations and legal actions to stop illegitimate streaming of premium content and leverages an intelligence-based three-pronged approach that focuses on: identifying and shutting down content leaks; monitoring streaming servers and working with ISPs to take down infringing services; and disrupting pirate services, mainly by blocking access to specific pirate servers.
Leading pay-TV service providers, as well as content and rights owners around the world have leveraged NAGRA’s anti-piracy labs and IP blocking capabilities to take down IPTV and OTT pirate services to protect their premium content assets, including movies and live sports, from illicit redistribution, and safeguard their revenue and intellectual property rights.
- CJ ENM Hong Kong partners with iQIYI International to bring tvN movies SVOD service regionally 107 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- MediaHub Australia celebrates 10th year anniversary with more success and services 81 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- Multiple-award winning Thai film ‘Bad Genius’ has been turned into a 12-part series on Dimsum Entertainment’s platform 67 views | posted on August 6, 2020
- David Elder appointed GM at Silver Trak Digital New Zealand 51 views | posted on August 7, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020