GMA Network upholds vow of “Serbisyong Totoo” through its news and entertainment programs
In the face of a pandemic, GMA Network remains steadfast in its commitment to Serbisyong Totoo by delivering much-needed news and information while inspiring Filipinos through its quality programs.
With the bigger responsibility entrusted to it, GMA News answered the call of duty for millions of Filipinos who needed to stay home due to the enhanced community quarantine. GMA’s news teams continue to brave the risks in the field to be able to bring to the public the much-needed news and information during this crisis.
Viewers recognised their dedication to Serbisyong Totoo. The Network’s flagship news program 24 Oras, which is being simulcast on both GMA and GMA News TV, emerged as the most-watched program nationwide reaching more Filipinos with a people rating of 23.6 percent or 11.4 million viewers. This is based on Nielsen’s Nationwide Urban Television Audience Measurement (NUTAM) data from May 6 to 12 (based on overnight ratings). 24 Oras is currently anchored by Jessica Soho, Vicky Morales, and Atom Araullo.
The award-winning magazine show Kapuso Mo, Jessica Soho (KMJS) similarly posted high numbers with a people rating of 21.5 percent or 10.4 million viewers nationwide.
GMA currently broadcasts a special programming line-up which includes replays and reruns of its entertainment and select public affairs shows.
Every Sunday night, KMJS continues to air fresh episodes while 24 Oras, 24 Oras Weekend, and Unang Hirit are broadcast live. Airing live as well is Wowowin with each episode being shot in host Willie Revillame’s own makeshift studio.
At the same time, keeping viewers entertained while staying safe at home are reruns of well-loved drama programs including Ika-6 Na Utos, Onanay, Encantadia, Kambal Karibal, Meant to Be, and My Husband’s Lover.
Through the consistent ratings performance of these Kapuso programs, GMA was also able to capture more than half of the TV audience. The network got an average of 54.5 percent total day people audience share or 4.8 million viewers.
- Meet the K-drama stars of the new series ‘Kairos’ on #TwitterBlueroom Live before its premiere 136 views | posted on October 23, 2020
- Asian storytelling, reimagined: New genres, fresh opportunities for Asian creators at the Singapore Media Festival 2020 47 views | posted on October 21, 2020
- Hotstar launches in Singapore with exclusive streaming of the Dream11 IPL 2020 Playoffs and Final 43 views | posted on October 20, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights appoints distribution sales expert Hana Palmer as Head of Sales 37 views | posted on October 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020