GatesAir, a global leader in wireless, over-the-air content delivery solutions for TV and radio, continues to expand its global presence with strategic growth in each region. GatesAir announced three key sales team appointments in the CALA (Caribbean and Latin America), EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) and Asia-Pacific (APAC) regions, reinforcing its commitment to customer intimacy worldwide.
Antonio Satta joins GatesAir’s CALA team as Sales Director, Brazil. Reporting to Felipe Luna, GatesAir’s Managing Director, CALA region, Satta brings nearly 15 years of broadcast and telecommunications experience to his new role. He has been with Screen Service Broadcasting Technologies for the past 11 years, most of which were spent in Brazil as Managing Director. His experience navigating the complexBrazilian market, long-term in-country business relationships, and knowledge of the international transmission market position Satta for success in growing GatesAir’s market share.
In addition to direct end customer relationships, Satta will work closely with Foccus Digital, GatesAir’s long-time Brazilian partner. He anticipates “two key growth paths” for GatesAir, including the opportunity for ISDB-Tb digital TV conversions in more than 4,000 cities through 2023; and refreshing aging TV and FM radio infrastructure with high-efficiency GatesAir transmitters. Satta adds that GatesAir’s nearly 100-yearhistory, broad product portfolio and established reputation for reliability – along with continued investment in regional resources – will contribute to his success at GatesAir.
Matt Smith joins GatesAir’s EMEA team as Regional Sales Director, covering a diverse geography across western Europe, the Nordics and southern Africa.Reporting to Andy McClelland, GatesAir’s Managing Director, EMEA, Smith brings more than 15 years of industry experience to GatesAir. He held roles of increasing responsibility over his years at Envivio and Harmonic, where he most recently served as Director, Key Accounts for the UK and Ireland. Over his career, Smith has developed an extensive global network of strong industry relationships with broadcasters and other TV service providers that he looks forward to leveraging at GatesAir.
- Australia’s Nine Network, Taiwan’s Chunghwa Telecom set to broadcast Sonar’s eSports sci-fi series – ‘Interface’ 305 views | posted on October 16, 2020
- Star Stable Entertainment partners with animation studio Ferly for short-form series adaptation of ‘Mistfall’ 64 views | posted on October 16, 2020
- Netflix picks up Philippine adaptation of ‘Descendants of the Sun’ aired on GMA Network 54 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- Celestial Tiger Entertainment announces its first original production on Thrill – ‘Model Family’ 50 views | posted on October 16, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020