Netflix launches first certification training program for Indian and Southeast Asian post-production professionals
Netflix launched its first post-production training program in Asia to enable and accredit the creative community in India and South East Asia. In partnership with the Government of Maharashtra and Amsterdam Post Lab (APostLab), the program trains producers and post-production supervisors on the tools, techniques, systems and skills to specialise in complex episodic storytelling.
The first edition of the training program organised in Mumbai was attended by creative professionals from India, the Philippines, Indonesia, Vietnam and Thailand. More than 30 attendees underwent a series of trainings on the technical, financial, managerial and creative aspects of post-production of series and were awarded a diploma from APostLab. They have also been added to the global Netflix freelance production roster for possible employment on future Netflix productions.
With the rapid growth of the Video-on-Demand industry in Asia, creativity, talent and skills training initiatives are increasingly important to the success of local creative economies. Netflix has over 100 new and returning originals across eight countries in Asia through 2019. Netflix is investing in Asian storytellers and amplifying their voices to the world. The training program continues Netflix’s contribution to the World Economic Forum’s ASEAN Digital Skills pledge to train workers in digital skills.
Gavin Barclay, Director of Post Production – International Originals, APAC, Netflix, said, “Asia is home to the world’s great creative centers producing some of the most compelling films and series of today. We are thrilled to launch our first ever post-production training program in Asia. With both local and global production industries increasingly shifting toward digital distribution, we hope that these workshops will help ensure the local production communities are enabled to thrive.”
- iQiyi deepens international partnership with Dolby 84 views | posted on July 27, 2021
- 5 Asian romance dramas on iQiyi that will make you love ‘love’ again 55 views | posted on July 26, 2021
- The Q announces a lineup of new-age comedy series 53 views | posted on July 29, 2021
- ShemarooMe expands worldwide reach on connected televisions via partnership with ZEASN 51 views | posted on July 29, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021