Netflix launches first certification training program for Indian and Southeast Asian post-production professionals
Netflix launched its first post-production training program in Asia to enable and accredit the creative community in India and South East Asia. In partnership with the Government of Maharashtra and Amsterdam Post Lab (APostLab), the program trains producers and post-production supervisors on the tools, techniques, systems and skills to specialise in complex episodic storytelling.
The first edition of the training program organised in Mumbai was attended by creative professionals from India, the Philippines, Indonesia, Vietnam and Thailand. More than 30 attendees underwent a series of trainings on the technical, financial, managerial and creative aspects of post-production of series and were awarded a diploma from APostLab. They have also been added to the global Netflix freelance production roster for possible employment on future Netflix productions.
With the rapid growth of the Video-on-Demand industry in Asia, creativity, talent and skills training initiatives are increasingly important to the success of local creative economies. Netflix has over 100 new and returning originals across eight countries in Asia through 2019. Netflix is investing in Asian storytellers and amplifying their voices to the world. The training program continues Netflix’s contribution to the World Economic Forum’s ASEAN Digital Skills pledge to train workers in digital skills.
Gavin Barclay, Director of Post Production – International Originals, APAC, Netflix, said, “Asia is home to the world’s great creative centers producing some of the most compelling films and series of today. We are thrilled to launch our first ever post-production training program in Asia. With both local and global production industries increasingly shifting toward digital distribution, we hope that these workshops will help ensure the local production communities are enabled to thrive.”
- A+E Global Content Sales releases summer catalogue featuring high profile first-run projects and returning hits 60 views | posted on July 3, 2020
- Universal Music Group announces strategic global partnership with Sugar, Italy’s leading independent label 58 views | posted on July 6, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia 48 views | posted on July 7, 2020
- Zee5 Global rolls out a content-packed July with new movies, TV shows, and direct-to-digital movies 47 views | posted on July 7, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020