Media Ranch, Founder, President and Executive Producer, Sophie Ferron, announced the company closed several format deals in Europe and the U.K., following the recently- announced 10 deals for the Watch! format.
Big Love was picked up by Imago TV in Germany. The show follows three overweight couples for eight months while they try to ditch their bad habits, and their extra pounds, to rekindle the spark, demonstrating how weight fluctuation can impact relationships.
Judge for one Day was sold in Germany (SEO Entertainment/Fish Will Wurm), France (Banijay France), The Netherlands (Tuvalu), U.K. (RDF Television); and Flemish Belgium. The first French Belgian episode aired on RTL in November. This factual, social experiment program seeks judgment of a crime by eight ordinary people who sit in the judge’s chair for a day. Participants follow the reconstruction of the crimes but we see that each person develops their own unique version of justice.
Manipulator was sold into French Canada (Productions Desferlantes. Manipulator is a fascinating sociological program exploring how humans are easily manipulated. The show employs shocking experiments, scientific data and brain research to demonstrate the premise.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 92 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 53 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 45 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Nippon TV’s ‘Your Turn To Kill’ receives award at 2020 Seoul International Drama Awards 36 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020