Olympic Athletes receive reallocated medals in Olympic Channel original series
Clean athletes who were awarded their rightful Olympic medal following the disqualification of doped athletes are featured in a new original series Take The Podium. Each episode highlights an Olympic Medal Reallocation ceremony and profiles the path to redemption for those athletes who were originally denied their special moment on the podium. The six-episode series premieres worldwide on Wednesday, 6 November on the Olympic Channel global digital platform, and will be available at their website, its mobile apps and on connected TV devices.
Told through the perspective of the athletes and teams, Take the Podium details the impact that the medal reallocation process has had on their personal lives and athletic careers. Profiles in the series include those of Canadian weightlifter Christine Girard, Lithuanian heptathlete Austra Skujyte, the 2008 Japanese 4x100m men’s relay team, German hammer thrower Betty Heidler, British javelin thrower Goldie Sayers and the 2014 Team USA two-man and four-man bobsleigh teams.
In May 2018, upon the recommendation from the International Olympic Committee (IOC) Athletes’ Commission, the IOC introduced the Olympic Medal Reallocation Ceremony in efforts to recognise the achievements of clean athletes. Following disqualifications due to doping, the Olympic Medal Reallocation Ceremony Principles provide athletes with six options to receive their medal(s) to celebrate their achievements; at an Olympic Games, Youth Olympic Games, by the International Sport Federation or their National Olympic Committee, a ceremony at The Olympic Museum or at a private ceremony.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 104 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Celestial Tiger Entertainment launches KIX on MultiChoice’s DStv in Africa 42 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Singaporean Tyen Rasif wins ‘Asian Dream’ 33 views | posted on September 23, 2020
- True crime documentary series ‘The Night Caller’ pre-sales from Abacus Media Rights 31 views | posted on September 25, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020