Charlie Higson to pen Amara Raja Media & Entertainment’s Curse of the Kohinoor
Higson and Paul Whitehouse also co-produced and performed in the award-winning spoof radio series Down the Line for BBC Radio 4, which led to the BBC2 television series Bellamy’s People. He wrote four adult crime novels in the 1990s, and adapted one of them, King Of The Ants, for the cinema. Other film work includes the script for Suite 16. He is a regular judge on the BBC’s 500 words short story competition for kids and in 2015, he was show-runner, creator and lead writer on the critically acclaimed ITV Sunday night 10-part drama series, Jekyll and Hyde.
The series will be directed by Colin Teague, director of the BAFTA-winning BBC series Dr Who and ITV’s Beowulf, and is being co-written and co-developed by novelist and playwright Farrukh Dhondy, the former Channel 4 Commissioning Editor for Multicultural Programming. Curse of the Kohinoor will be shot on location in India and the United Kingdom beginning March 2020.
Executive Producers on the project are Padma Galla for Amara Raja Media & Entertainment, Rahul Aggarwal for Star Entertainment Worldwide and Bobby Bedi for Contentflow Studios.
Amara Raja Media & Entertainment is the recently launched entertainment division of Amara Raja Group, one of India’s largest industrial corporations. The new division is focused on producing major drama series for the international marketplace.
Photos Courtesy of Amara Raga Media & Entertainment.
- A+E Global Content Sales releases summer catalogue featuring high profile first-run projects and returning hits 60 views | posted on July 3, 2020
- Universal Music Group announces strategic global partnership with Sugar, Italy’s leading independent label 58 views | posted on July 6, 2020
- Zee5 Global rolls out a content-packed July with new movies, TV shows, and direct-to-digital movies 47 views | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia 47 views | posted on July 7, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020