Independent UK based distributor DCD Rights’ compelling new drama The Hunting has been acquired by French broadcaster, W9, at MIPCOM.
A new four-part drama series, The Hunting, is a Closer Production presented by SBS Broadcasting Australia & Screen Australia in association with the South Australia Film Corporation. The Hunting made its market debut at MIPTV earlier this year.
When two high school teachers discover students are sharing explicit photos of their underage friends and peers online, the revelation has unbearable consequences for the students and their families. Starring Sam Reid (Lambs of God, Bloom, Prime Suspect 1973), Jessica de Gouw (Underground, Dracula, Arrow), Asher Keddie (The Cry, Offspring, X-Men Origins: Wolverine) and Richard Roxburgh (Rake, Hacksaw Ridge, Mission: Impossible II),The Hunting (4 x 60’) tackles themes of misogyny, privacy, sexuality and sexualisation, online exploitation, toxic masculinity and gender. The series uses this singular event as a way of exploring some of the most pressing issues of our time and offering a vital portrait of modern, multicultural Australia.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 81 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 46 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 43 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 41 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020