Independent UK based distributor DCD Rights’ compelling new drama The Hunting has been acquired by French broadcaster, W9, at MIPCOM.
A new four-part drama series, The Hunting, is a Closer Production presented by SBS Broadcasting Australia & Screen Australia in association with the South Australia Film Corporation. The Hunting made its market debut at MIPTV earlier this year.
When two high school teachers discover students are sharing explicit photos of their underage friends and peers online, the revelation has unbearable consequences for the students and their families. Starring Sam Reid (Lambs of God, Bloom, Prime Suspect 1973), Jessica de Gouw (Underground, Dracula, Arrow), Asher Keddie (The Cry, Offspring, X-Men Origins: Wolverine) and Richard Roxburgh (Rake, Hacksaw Ridge, Mission: Impossible II),The Hunting (4 x 60’) tackles themes of misogyny, privacy, sexuality and sexualisation, online exploitation, toxic masculinity and gender. The series uses this singular event as a way of exploring some of the most pressing issues of our time and offering a vital portrait of modern, multicultural Australia.
- Here are seven new Korean titles from iQIYI to satisfy your K-Drama fix 69 views | posted on January 26, 2021
- Saloon Media announces start of production on ‘Hotel Paranormal’ S2 and return of Dan Aykroyd as narrator 52 views | posted on January 25, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 51 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- ‘Beyblade Burst’ TV series now airing on RTV Indonesia via Animasia Studio 48 views | posted on January 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020