Independent UK based distributor DCD Rights’ compelling new drama The Hunting has been acquired by French broadcaster, W9, at MIPCOM.
A new four-part drama series, The Hunting, is a Closer Production presented by SBS Broadcasting Australia & Screen Australia in association with the South Australia Film Corporation. The Hunting made its market debut at MIPTV earlier this year.
When two high school teachers discover students are sharing explicit photos of their underage friends and peers online, the revelation has unbearable consequences for the students and their families. Starring Sam Reid (Lambs of God, Bloom, Prime Suspect 1973), Jessica de Gouw (Underground, Dracula, Arrow), Asher Keddie (The Cry, Offspring, X-Men Origins: Wolverine) and Richard Roxburgh (Rake, Hacksaw Ridge, Mission: Impossible II),The Hunting (4 x 60’) tackles themes of misogyny, privacy, sexuality and sexualisation, online exploitation, toxic masculinity and gender. The series uses this singular event as a way of exploring some of the most pressing issues of our time and offering a vital portrait of modern, multicultural Australia.
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 241 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- iQiyi reveals brand-new Chinese language drama slate 171 views | posted on July 21, 2021
- Voot Select brings the largest-ever direct-to-OTT Film Festival in India 75 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- ABS-CBN News online and ‘TV Patrol’ expand global news coverage with TFC News overseas segments 73 views | posted on July 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021