Viacom International Media Networks partners with Facebook
Viacom International Media Networks (VIMN), a division of Viacom Inc. (VIA, VIAB), announced a partnership with Facebook to launch an upcoming slate of eight original shortform series created for Facebook Watch. The announcement was made at All That Matters 2019 in Singapore. The series will be created by MTV Asia as part of the publisher and creator video incubation program for Facebook Watch. With genres ranging across music entertainment, pro-social and reality, the series will feature popular social influencers in Asia. Four shows will premiere later this year while the remaining four will be developed in 2020.
Each series will comprise eight episodes, with each episode running up to eight minutes. Additional programming and talent partnerships will be announced soon. This collaboration is driven by VIMN’s digital studios arm, Viacom Digital Studios International (VDSI), which focuses on creating and distributing digital content for VIMN’s flagship brands outside of the U.S.
With a strong global footprint, VDSI’s collaboration with Facebook taps on our production hubs around the world. In October 2018, MTV Studios and Facebook Watch announced a partnership to produce MTV’s The Real World in Thailand, Mexico and the United States. MTV The Real World: Bangkok premiered exclusively on Facebook Watch from June 13.
- CJ ENM Hong Kong partners with iQIYI International to bring tvN movies SVOD service regionally 99 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- MediaHub Australia celebrates 10th year anniversary with more success and services 79 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- Multiple-award winning Thai film ‘Bad Genius’ has been turned into a 12-part series on Dimsum Entertainment’s platform 61 views | posted on August 6, 2020
- David Elder appointed GM at Silver Trak Digital New Zealand 49 views | posted on August 7, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020