Viacom International Media Networks partners with Facebook
Viacom International Media Networks (VIMN), a division of Viacom Inc. (VIA, VIAB), announced a partnership with Facebook to launch an upcoming slate of eight original shortform series created for Facebook Watch. The announcement was made at All That Matters 2019 in Singapore. The series will be created by MTV Asia as part of the publisher and creator video incubation program for Facebook Watch. With genres ranging across music entertainment, pro-social and reality, the series will feature popular social influencers in Asia. Four shows will premiere later this year while the remaining four will be developed in 2020.
Each series will comprise eight episodes, with each episode running up to eight minutes. Additional programming and talent partnerships will be announced soon. This collaboration is driven by VIMN’s digital studios arm, Viacom Digital Studios International (VDSI), which focuses on creating and distributing digital content for VIMN’s flagship brands outside of the U.S.
With a strong global footprint, VDSI’s collaboration with Facebook taps on our production hubs around the world. In October 2018, MTV Studios and Facebook Watch announced a partnership to produce MTV’s The Real World in Thailand, Mexico and the United States. MTV The Real World: Bangkok premiered exclusively on Facebook Watch from June 13.
- Encore Singapore off to a flying start 83 views | posted on March 4, 2021
- Hong Kong FILMART Online to open on 15 March 82 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- Medialink granted exclusive distribution rights to ‘TSUKIMICHI -Moonlight Fantasy-‘ and ‘Joran The Princess of Snow and Blood’ from Nippon TV in Asia territories excluding Korea 45 views | posted on March 8, 2021
- Lee Seung-gi makes K-drama comeback with ‘Mouse’ to be aired on tvN 38 views | posted on March 3, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020