Kew Media Distribution signs new deal with BBC Four
Own the Sky (1 x 90’ – 52’ version available), written and directed by Gregory Read (Eye of the Storm), chronicles David Mayman’s seemingly impossible quest to build and fly the world’s first Jet Pack around the Statue of Liberty, and the impact his infatuation has on his family. What begins as a life-long passion for Jet Packs, turns into an obsession, then addiction and finally triumph, filmed over ten years in Australia and the US. Own the Sky is a Firelight, Paper Bark Films and Essential Media Group production.
Churchill and the Movie Mogul (1 x 60), written and directed by John Fleet, reveals how Britain’s greatest wartime leader and one of its most celebrated film producers, Alexander Korda, changed the course of history. In 1934, Korda signed up Churchill as a screenwriter and historical advisor, and a unique collaboration began. Churchill provided script notes for Korda’s productions and also penned an epic screenplay. When war broke out, their collaboration became of immeasurable importance. Korda was sent on a spy mission to Hollywood with the aim of bringing America into the war, with spectacular results. Churchill and the Movie Mogul is a January Pictures production.
Other new documentaries showcasing at MIPCOM from Kew Media Distribution include documentary series The Movies (12 x 60’ or 6 x 120’) which explores American cinema through the decades and the cultural, societal and political shifts that framed its evolution;Laurel Canyon (1 x 120’ approx. or two part version also available), a fascinating documentary featuring an intimate portrait of the artists who created a music revolution that would change popular culture; and Griff’s Great Kiwi Road Trip (4 x 60’), a new series that follows British comedian and travel enthusiast Griff Rhys Jones as he packs his bags, pulls on his hiking boots, and heads out into the wilds to explore New Zealand. (Also available: Griff’s Great Australian Rail Trip: (6 x 60’).
- GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines 203 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- CJ ENM Hong Kong partners with iQIYI International to bring tvN movies SVOD service regionally 51 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- Korean superstar, Yoo Ah-In of Spackman Entertainment Group’s Associated Company, Spackman Media Group, to star in Netflix’s new Korean original series, ‘Hellbound’ 38 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- Multiple-award winning Thai film ‘Bad Genius’ has been turned into a 12-part series on Dimsum Entertainment’s platform 36 views | posted on August 6, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020