Kew Media Distribution signs new deal with BBC Four
Own the Sky (1 x 90’ – 52’ version available), written and directed by Gregory Read (Eye of the Storm), chronicles David Mayman’s seemingly impossible quest to build and fly the world’s first Jet Pack around the Statue of Liberty, and the impact his infatuation has on his family. What begins as a life-long passion for Jet Packs, turns into an obsession, then addiction and finally triumph, filmed over ten years in Australia and the US. Own the Sky is a Firelight, Paper Bark Films and Essential Media Group production.
Churchill and the Movie Mogul (1 x 60), written and directed by John Fleet, reveals how Britain’s greatest wartime leader and one of its most celebrated film producers, Alexander Korda, changed the course of history. In 1934, Korda signed up Churchill as a screenwriter and historical advisor, and a unique collaboration began. Churchill provided script notes for Korda’s productions and also penned an epic screenplay. When war broke out, their collaboration became of immeasurable importance. Korda was sent on a spy mission to Hollywood with the aim of bringing America into the war, with spectacular results. Churchill and the Movie Mogul is a January Pictures production.
Other new documentaries showcasing at MIPCOM from Kew Media Distribution include documentary series The Movies (12 x 60’ or 6 x 120’) which explores American cinema through the decades and the cultural, societal and political shifts that framed its evolution;Laurel Canyon (1 x 120’ approx. or two part version also available), a fascinating documentary featuring an intimate portrait of the artists who created a music revolution that would change popular culture; and Griff’s Great Kiwi Road Trip (4 x 60’), a new series that follows British comedian and travel enthusiast Griff Rhys Jones as he packs his bags, pulls on his hiking boots, and heads out into the wilds to explore New Zealand. (Also available: Griff’s Great Australian Rail Trip: (6 x 60’).
- Hong Kong FILMART Online to open on 15 March 81 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- Lee Seung-gi makes K-drama comeback with ‘Mouse’ to be aired on tvN 35 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- Disney’s ‘Raya and the Last Dragon’ to stream on Disney+ with Premier Access from 5 March 32 views | posted on March 2, 2021
- Encore Singapore off to a flying start 30 views | posted on March 4, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020