Independent content distributor GoQuest Media Ventures has closed a deal with Ukraine’s largest media holding company Media Group Ukraine (MGU).
Continuing to strengthen the company’s collaboration with MGU and its drama portfolio, GoQuest Media Ventures has acquired distribution rights for the new gripping detective series Markuss (8 x 60’). Co-produced by TV Channel “Ukraine”, an affiliated company of MGU and Latvian media company Helio Media, the TV series is the first ever Ukrainian/Latvian co-production. Written by Lera Kolegayeva and Volodymyr Skyba, Markuss is directed by Anton Azarov and based on an original idea by Igor Volkov.
Markuss unravels the tragic story of the life of lonely English teacher Polina Klochko when her son Mark is kidnapped from kindergarten. The story unfolds when five years later, in a newscast, she accidentally spots Mark in the crowd. Polina resumes the search for her son with the help of ex-police officer Denis Denisov. Whilst investigating the boy’s disappearance they discover a dangerous gang that kidnaps and sells children to adoptive parents abroad. Denisov soon faces a bigger challenge and a terrible dilemma: how can he help the woman he loves to reunite with her son if the life of his only daughter is at stake?
- Global Agency announces new sales for rom-com series ‘Daydreamer’ 10.5k views | posted on October 27, 2020
- BBC Studios announces deal with Discovery Inc. for ‘Top Gear’ catalogue in Japan 70 views | posted on October 26, 2020
- CNN International Commercial appoints Rob Bradley and Cathy Ibal to lead ‘Audience First’ strategy 57 views | posted on October 29, 2020
- ITV Studios presents its exciting content slate at its inaugural Fall Festival 44 views | posted on October 26, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020