Fremantle global commissions new reality-dating format
Fremantle announces its first global commissions for the new reality-dating format Five Guys a Week. Created by Label1 for Channel 4 in the UK, the unique new format has stolen the hearts of RTL4 in Holland and TV4 in Sweden, who are set to produce local versions respectively, following deals led by Fremantle. A commission in France is to be announced soon.
Five Guys a Week transforms the first-date experience into the ultimate test of romance and compatibility, whilst putting the woman in control. Fast-tracking the “getting to know you” period, one single girl invites five guys who are looking for love to move into her home and live with her for a week, all at the same time, all under one roof. In theory, the guys all meet the single girl’s exacting standards, but are any of them boyfriend material? Throughout the week, the suitors will compete for her affection and go everywhere with her together: whether that’s out with her friends, or for dinner with her parents, with a combination of fixed rig and roaming cameras capturing all the action. Each day, she will have to eliminate one of them, whittling them down to the last man standing. But who will turn out to be her perfect match?
Label1 have been part of the Fremantle family since 2017, when the global distributor and producer took a minority stake in the UK factual indie.
Five Guys a Week joins Fremantle’s family of successful dating formats, sitting alongside the most travelled dating title of all time,Take Me Out, the genre-defining Hear Me. Love Me. See Me and the iconic Farmer Wants a Wife.
- Banijay Rights new sales structure in LATAM, Canada, and German-speaking territories 42 views | posted on January 25, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 41 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 40 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- A+E Networks® continues commitment to women in front of and behind the camera with ‘Women in Global Entertainment (WGE): Power Profile’ at virtual NATPE 2021 39 views | posted on January 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020