Foxtel selects CommScope to help redefine TV viewing in Australia
CommScope announced its continued partnership with Foxtel, Australia’s leading Pay TV operator, to bring The New Foxtel Experience to subscribers across the country.
The New Foxtel Experience leverages CommScope technology to deliver thousands of hours of TV and on-demand movies as well as access to Netflix for subscribers through Foxtel’s iQ4 set-top box. Whether subscribers are streaming videos, recording live programming, or browsing through Foxtel’s massive on-demand library, the iQ4 makes it simple to get everything they want all in one place.
CommScope’s Professional Services group worked with Foxtel to deliver the iQ4’s full-stack software platform, which integrates to multiple back-office systems to provide a seamless broadcast and IP connected user experience. The iQ4combines broadcast satellite and IP capabilities in a single, powerful device capable of delivering 4K broadcast resolution, 802.11ac Wi-Fi, and a 1TB hard-drive—allowing subscribers to watch what they want, when they want, the way it was meant to be watched.
“Our work with Foxtel highlights our continued leadership and combined expertise in professional services and software integration,” said Steve McCaffery, senior vice president of Services Providers, International, CommScope. “We are setting a new standard for the television experience by combining the latest technology in support of the growing number of video formats that consumers enjoy. Foxtel’s new iQ4 user interface brings it all together in a single, seamless experience, and we’re delighted by its positive reception in Australia.”
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 50 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- Saloon Media announces start of production on ‘Hotel Paranormal’ S2 and return of Dan Aykroyd as narrator 49 views | posted on January 25, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 47 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- Banijay Rights new sales structure in LATAM, Canada, and German-speaking territories 46 views | posted on January 25, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020