Foxtel selects CommScope to help redefine TV viewing in Australia
CommScope announced its continued partnership with Foxtel, Australia’s leading Pay TV operator, to bring The New Foxtel Experience to subscribers across the country.
The New Foxtel Experience leverages CommScope technology to deliver thousands of hours of TV and on-demand movies as well as access to Netflix for subscribers through Foxtel’s iQ4 set-top box. Whether subscribers are streaming videos, recording live programming, or browsing through Foxtel’s massive on-demand library, the iQ4 makes it simple to get everything they want all in one place.
CommScope’s Professional Services group worked with Foxtel to deliver the iQ4’s full-stack software platform, which integrates to multiple back-office systems to provide a seamless broadcast and IP connected user experience. The iQ4combines broadcast satellite and IP capabilities in a single, powerful device capable of delivering 4K broadcast resolution, 802.11ac Wi-Fi, and a 1TB hard-drive—allowing subscribers to watch what they want, when they want, the way it was meant to be watched.
“Our work with Foxtel highlights our continued leadership and combined expertise in professional services and software integration,” said Steve McCaffery, senior vice president of Services Providers, International, CommScope. “We are setting a new standard for the television experience by combining the latest technology in support of the growing number of video formats that consumers enjoy. Foxtel’s new iQ4 user interface brings it all together in a single, seamless experience, and we’re delighted by its positive reception in Australia.”
- HBO confirmed as official partner on ‘Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries’ spin-off ‘Miss S’ 55 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- Spackman Entertainment Group’s ‘#ALIVE’ number one on Netflix globally 39 views | posted on September 15, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 29 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- ABP Network focuses on telling inspiring stories gleaned from across the nation 28 views | posted on September 16, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020