Banijay Group, the world’s leading independent content producer and distributor, announces the launch of new production label, The Natural Studios, from Bear Grylls and Delbert Shoopman. As the premiere home of adventure, the new prodco will be a global go-to adventure TV / Film production studio across all platforms, further bolstering the Group’s position in this space.
The Natural Studios, which is “now open for business”, is led by Grylls and Shoopman as co-CEOs. Backed and funded by Banijay Group, which serves as production and distribution partner, the deal will see the pair build the business into the ultimate ‘Home of Adventure’, where they will develop original IP with mass global appeal and nurture the next generation of adrenaline-fueled TV stars worldwide.
While Grylls and Shoopman benefit from direct access to Banijay Group’s global production and distribution network, they will maintain full strategic control with the view to building an international production powerhouse responsible for serving traditional and digital platforms worldwide with both non-scripted and scripted content.
The latest launch further cements Banijay Group’s position as a global leader in the adventure space, having built a strong reputation to date with brands including Survivor, 71 Degrees North, Fort Boyard, The Crystal Maze, SAS: Who Dares Wins and Stars on the Rocks.
Collectively, Grylls and Shoopman’s shows have been watched by over 2 billion people worldwide, with an aggregated audience of 120 million for Running Wild (US). And most recently, 3.6 billion online impressions were secured when Grylls embarked on an adventure with Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi. The Natural Studios’ current slate of shows includes Emmy-nominated Hostile Planet (Nat Geo), Eco-Challenge (Amazon), Running Wild with Bear Grylls (Nat Geo), Emmy-nominated You Vs Wild (Netflix) and BAFTA-winning series, The Island (C4).
The deal was brokered by ACF Investment Bank, as advisors to Grylls and Shoopman.
- Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. licenses global streaming rights to ‘Ninja Warrior’, ‘Unbeatable Banzuk’ 238 views | posted on April 15, 2021
- Zee and Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. announce new co-production partnership 91 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- Anime titles from Medialink Group’s Ani-One library to start streaming on Mediacorp’s meWATCH platform 77 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- SynProNize and ATV take Turkish drama series ‘Hercai’ to Pakistan 49 views | posted on April 12, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020