A+E Networks International and JTBC distributes Solo Wars
A+E Networks International and Korean broadcaster JTBC have joined forces to distribute unscripted format Solo Wars. The large-scale, in-studio dating format is the first project to come out of the companies’ recently announced expanded partnership and broadens A+E Networks International’s global format partnerships, and JTBC’s reach in the US.
Solo Wars is a dating gameshow that unfolds between 100 singles, evenly split between male and female, who compete for love and/or a cash prize. A game of strategy; participants must form romantic allegiances to progress to the next round. Each round ends with one, or multiple, eliminations, culminating in one couple proving their love for each other, and winning the prize money. Solo Wars sees participants use psychological tactics as they battle their rivals and appeal to the opposite sex.
Solo Wars will be launched by A+E Networks® International atMIPCOM in mid-October, following successful outings on JTBC in Korea, and LeTV in China. A+E Networks® and JTBC originally inked their expanded formats deal, which also includes plans to co-produce one Korean scripted drama and one docuseries, in May 2019, following a strategic objective announced by A+E in 2017 to create and aggregate premium Korean content for representation worldwide.
A+E is also close to greenlighting a scripted format from JTBC.
- Flame bids farewell to its founder John Caldon 61 views | posted on February 22, 2021
- U-NEXT enters licensing partnership with ViacomCBS for a selection of new series from SHOWTIME® to premiere in Japan 58 views | posted on February 22, 2021
- ‘Tales of Arcadia: 3Below’ premieres on DreamWorks on 1 March 53 views | posted on February 22, 2021
- Disney+ officially starts streaming in Singapore on 23 February 49 views | posted on February 24, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020