Fremantle goes global on Expedition with Steve Backshall
Fremantle has sold the 10-part epic adventure series of world-firsts, Expedition with Steve Backshall, into over 140 territories worldwide. Following a pre-sale to France Télévisions, Fremantle have secured a multitude of deals across Europe, the Middle East, Asia, Canada and Latin America.
Expedition with Steve Backshall has sold to Youku (China), Discovery (Germany), Discovery (pan-regional Asia), Discovery (Latin America), RTVE (Spain), Movistar+ (Spain), OSN (MENA), Al Jazeera (MENA), BBC Earth (Africa), CYBC (Cyprus), Groupe TVA (French-speaking Canada), Bloomberg (Turkey), VRT (Belgium), DR (Denmark), Canal+ Dokument (Poland), AMC Networks International Southern Europe for the channel Odissea (Portugal) and Radio Television Suisse (French-speaking Switzerland).
Made by True to Nature and commissioned by BBC and UKTV in association with Fremantle, Expedition with Steve Backshall is an ambitious, prime-time adventure series filled with world firsts. These include: the first descent of a white-water river in the Himalayas; trekking through unexplored jungle in South America; and climbing mountains in the deserts of the Middle East.
The series follows adventurer Steve Backshall, his team of world-class experts and his film crew, as they venture into undiscovered worlds. To be successful, Steve and his adventurist experts – including cave divers, kayakers and mountaineers – will have to rely on each other and the power of extraordinary teamwork.
- GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines 180 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 112 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Astro: Agility in adapting to the new world 102 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- ABP News lights up the weekends with a slew of fresh programming 43 views | posted on August 3, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020