At this year’s IBC, FilmLight (stand #7.A45) is hosting the free two-day seminar series, Colour On Stage, on 14-15 September 2019. The event provides an opportunity for visitors to participate in live presentations and discussions with colourists and other creative professionals at the peak of their craft.
From shining a light on the FilmLight BLG ecosystem in VFX, to the role of the colourist today, to understanding colour management and next generation grading tools – this event helps guide attendees through the opportunities and challenges of modern colour finishing and delivery.
Originally staged as a one-day event at both IBC2018 and NAB2019, Colour On Stage has been expanded both due to its popularity and in order to provide sessions with artists throughout the production and post colour pipeline. This year’s IBC programme includes colourists from broadcast, film and commercials, as well as DITs, editors, VFX artists and post-production supervisors.
To date, programme highlights include:
- Creating the unique look for ’Mindhunter’ Season 2
Join colourist Eric Weidt as he talks about his collaboration with director David Fincher – from defining the workflow to creating the look and feel of ‘Mindhunter’. Eric will break down scenes and run through colour grading details of the masterful crime thriller.• Real-time collaboration on the world’s longest running continuing drama, ITV Studios’ ‘Coronation Street’
Improving production processes and enhancing pictures with efficient renderless workflows, with Colourist Stephen Edwards, Finishing Editor Tom Chittenden and Head of Post Production David Williams.
• Looking to the future: Creating colour for the TV series ‘Black Mirror’
Colourist Alex Gascoigne of Technicolor explains the process behind grading ‘Black Mirror’, including the interactive episode Bandersnatch and the latest Season 5.
• Bollywood: A World of Colour
Delve into the Indian film industry with CV Rao, Technical General Manager at Annapurna Studios in Hyderabad. In this talk, CV will discuss grading and colour as exemplified by the hit film, ‘Baahubali 2: The Conclusion’.
- Astro Shaw’s ‘Do[s]a’ and ‘Sembilan’ now available on Indonesia’s GoPlay app 62 views | posted on July 1, 2020
- GMA Network launches new digital channel ‘Heart of Asia’ 62 views | posted on July 2, 2020
- A+E Global Content Sales releases summer catalogue featuring high profile first-run projects and returning hits 54 views | posted on July 3, 2020
- Universal Music Group announces strategic global partnership with Sugar, Italy’s leading independent label 40 views | posted on July 6, 2020