“King Of The Mile” Hicham El Guerrouj featured in Legends Live On
Two-time Olympic gold medallist Hicham El Guerrouj, widely considered as the greatest middle-distance runner of all time, is featured in an all new episode of the Olympic Channel original series Legends Live On.
Beyond the spotlight of the Olympic Games where legends are made, the legacy of Olympians live on. In Legends Live On, Olympic heroes show how they are translating their success into careers and inspiring future generations.
Dominating middle distance running for nearly a decade, the Moroccan won all but three races in the mile and 1500m events between August 1996 and July 2004 solidifying his status as a track legend. Still the world record holder in the 1500m, mile and 5000m, El Guerrouj’s Olympic career got off to a rocky start. After heart-breaking performances at the Atlanta and Sydney Games, he finally realised his dream of winning a gold medal at Athens 2004 where he earned gold in both the 1500m and 5000m, and is only the second man to do so at the same Olympic Games since “Flying Finn” Paavo Nurmi in 1924.
- Zee5 Global rolls out a content-packed July with new movies, TV shows, and direct-to-digital movies 86 views | posted on July 7, 2020
- Universal Music Group announces strategic global partnership with Sugar, Italy’s leading independent label 70 views | posted on July 6, 2020
- Olympic Channel documentary ‘Rulon’ about the extraordinary journey of an ordinary man to premiere 21 July 58 views | posted on July 6, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia 51 views | posted on July 7, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020