Herschend Entertainment Studios commences Chuggington season six production
Herschend Entertainment Studios (HES) announced that production has commenced on season six of their popular children’s series, Chuggington, and that Alpha Group has been appointed as the global master toy partner in a multi-year collaboration to deliver an innovative range of Chuggington toys to fans around the world. The new season and toy line will debut in 2020. HES acquired Chuggington from Ludorum PLC in December 2018.
Alpha Group, the leading toy and animation company in China with ten global offices and distribution to over 100 countries, will serve as the global master toy partner and distributor for Chuggington. A broad range of toys across vehicles, track sets, radio control, plush, games, electronics, smart toys, novelty, and seasonal products are all in development.
Celebrating its 10th anniversary in 2020, Chuggington is enjoyed by pre-schoolers on A-list broadcast networks and key streaming platforms in over 178 countries across the globe, and the brand has generated over $1 billion at retail from licensed products. The toy launch spearheads the licensing and retail program for Chuggington,which will be fully coordinated with the content focus from season six, offering new and exciting creative opportunities to bring the Chuggington franchise to life.
Award-winning and Emmy Award-nominated Michael G. Stern (Doc McStuffins, Sofia the First, Jake and the Neverland Pirates) will serve as the head writer and co-executive producer for season six, together with key creative and production personnel from earlier seasons. Julie Phillips, Herschend Entertainment Studios’ Vice President, will also serve as executive producer. Consisting of 52 x 10’ animated episodes, the new season features a fresh approach with new formats, elements, and storytelling styles.
- ‘The Rookie’ starring Nathan Fillion is coming to AXN Asia starting 23 February 108 views | posted on February 19, 2021
- Viu to showcase 11 new Korean dramas in February and March 90 views | posted on February 19, 2021
- Flame bids farewell to its founder John Caldon 59 views | posted on February 22, 2021
- U-NEXT enters licensing partnership with ViacomCBS for a selection of new series from SHOWTIME® to premiere in Japan 58 views | posted on February 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020