Dan Trachtenberg (10 Cloverfield Lane, Black Mirror) directs a stunning new cinematic trailer for Warframe, a free-to-play cooperative action video game. Unveiled at Warframe’s own gaming convention, Tennocon, on Saturday 6th July, the mind-blowing new film will act as both the trailer and the opening cinematic in the highly-anticipated updated expansion of the game.
Produced by Great Guns, the six-minute film takes viewers on a captivating journey through the game’s fantastical universe, which is set in the far future amidst a devastating war waged by militarized human clones. Through the eyes of a young woman seeking refuge from the destruction, we see her discover shrines dedicated to a race of ancient warriors. Action-packed flashbacks show the warriors performing spectacular airborne manoeuvres – caught in a mixture of hyper-kinetic and glorious slo-mo in dazzling detail.
Director Dan Trachtenberg, repped globally by Great Guns, co-wrote and directed the breath-taking film, which draws on influences including Star Wars, Dune, and the films of Akira Kurosawa. The director comments: “Being a huge fan, I tweeted about my love for Warframe – which was noticed by the makers of the game and we ended up geeking out together. In all of its six years, Warframe has never had an opening cinematic. Though we initially discussed making a live action one, we decided to go full CG when I expressed my excitement to work in the medium. My love for video games is equal to my love for movies, so this was a wonderful first foray into that world. I was able to storyboard this with my buddy, Brad Arnold, who is actually responsible for getting me hooked on Warframe – we’ve played the game for over 200 hours together. It was pretty amazing to unite on this project.”
- Quintus acquires factual titles for its VOD channels Free Documentary and Free Documentary Nature 52 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- Watch features and short films for free at the inaugural True Colors Film Festival 48 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- all3media international announces pre-sales to five continents for new Russell T. Davies drama ‘It’s A Sin’ 47 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- Winsing Animation spotlights its new IP at the ATF 40 views | posted on November 23, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020