Toonz Media Group acquires a Majority Stake in Telegael
Toonz Media Group has acquired a majority stake in the large full-service Emmy winning production house Telegael, extending the group’s global entertainment footprint and adding important pre and post production facilities to its animation powerhouse, as well as a large live action studio to its entertainment business, hence enabling it to become a major 360 entertainment outfit.
The deal between India-based Toonz and Ireland’s Telegael brings many strategic synergies, making this a complementary venture for both companies. As part of this strategic venture, Toonz benefits from having an award-winning, successful and highly active pre and post-production studio, as well as a live action capacity amongst its business divisions.
Telegael now becomes part of one of Asia’s largest and most dynamic entertainment groups, with a 400-talent strong studio in India, producing around 10,000 minutes of 2D & 3D animation and visual effects annually and joins a dynamic group with full-scale financing, production, distribution and broadcast offices in 10 major countries around the globe.
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 247 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- ABS-CBN News online and ‘TV Patrol’ expand global news coverage with TFC News overseas segments 77 views | posted on July 22, 2021
- Voot Select brings the largest-ever direct-to-OTT Film Festival in India 77 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- BBC World News relaunches flagship programme ‘Newsday’ 68 views | posted on July 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021