A&E Network to premiere original nonfiction series
A&E Network will premiere original nonfiction series, The Untold Story, partnering with award-winning journalist Elizabeth Vargas beginning Thursday, April 11 and airing over five consecutive weeks.
Utilizing Vargas’ background in investigative reporting, the collection of premium nonfiction episodes will take an unfiltered look at the often-unseen stories of people and events that have had a profound impact on our modern culture and society.
Upcoming episodes in the series include:
Hunting JonBenét’s Killer: The Untold Story —Thursday, April 11 at 9pm ET/PT
Elizabeth Vargas takes a fresh look at the most notorious cold case murder in American history. By tracking down new leads and with new DNA tests, this episode takes a deeper dive in hopes of bringing peace to the Ramsey family. Featuring an exclusive interview with John Ramsey, as well as many never-before-seen photos, the documentary also pursues numerous “intruder theories” of the crime. Vargas and retired FBI agent Robert Clark investigate the possibility that the killer may have ties to a group that believed in extra-terrestrial life and the end of the world.
Hunting JonBenét’s Killer: The Untold Story is produced for A&E Network by Indigo Films. Executive producers for Indigo Films are David M. Frank and David Tomasini. Miguel Sancho, David Doss, and Amy Savitsky serve as executive producers for A&E Network with Elizabeth Vargas serving as Producer.
Sex for Sale: The Untold Story —Thursday, April 18 at 9pm ET/PT
Elizabeth Vargas explores the inner workings of the new sex trade which relies on the internet to tap into a huge demand for sex, intimacy and companionship. This unfiltered look at the secrets, rules and specialties of the sex industry takes viewers on a revealing journey through immersive character-driven portraits of a male escort who promotes himself on social media as the “ultimate boyfriend experience” for women, a grad student-turned-millionaire who, in her live video streams, caters to the unusual fetishes of men she’ll never meet, a woman capitalizing on the benefits of new motherhood, a so-called “naughty lifestyle” mogul who helps couples explore their wildest desires and young women who have sugar daddies they’ve met online pay for their tuition, days at the spa, luxurious travel and more. These entrepreneurs give in-depth details on how they made a living by using the internet to sell sex.
Sex for Sale: The Untold Story is produced for A&E Network by Karga Seven Pictures, a Red Arrow Studios company, with Sarah Wetherbee, Emre Sahin, Kelly McPherson, Jason Wolf and Peta Peterson as executive producers for Karga Seven Pictures. Brad Abramson, David Doss, and Amy Savitsky serve as executive producers for A&E Network with Elizabeth Vargas serving as Producer.
I Was a Child Bride: The Untold Story —Thursday, April 25 at 9pm ET/PT
In America, a shocking number of teenage girls are forced into marriages against their will because of legal loopholes in most states. Many believe this only happens in developing countries, but in the past 15 years, an estimated 200,000 girls have been forced into marriage in the US. In this in-depth two-hour documentary episode, Elizabeth Vargas reveals the heart-wrenching stories of child marriage victims, who against all odds, escaped the most dire of circumstances. These brave survivors tackle this taboo issue in their personal lives and help to shine a light on the national epidemic with the hope that no child will ever have to be a victim again.
- Toonz Media Group joins forces with Ferly for ‘Kingdom of None’ 74 views | posted on June 8, 2021
- Viu offers a special treat to frontline food delivery heroes of Singapore 56 views | posted on June 9, 2021
- KC Global Media expands distribution in Cambodia, Malaysia, and the Philippines 55 views | posted on June 10, 2021
- Red Fiber offers special deals and sets expansion goals for seamless customer experience in the Philippines 40 views | posted on June 10, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020