ABS-CBN starts 2019 as Philippines’s number one network
Also part of the top 10 are ABS-CBN’s newest shows, Angel Locsin’s “The General’s Daughter” (32.8%) and the new reality talent show, World of Dance Philippines (30.8%). Now and Forever (Ngayon at Kailanman) (28.7%) ended its run strongly, while the comeback of Minute to Win It: Last Man Standing (22.6%) earned its place on the top 10. Other regular top 10 shows are nightly news program “TV Patrol” (30.2%), Memories (Maalaala Mo Kaya) (24.3%), Betrayal (Halik) (23.2), and Once Upon A Time (Wansapanataym) (22.4%).
Meanwhile, ABS-CBN won across all time blocks, particulary in primetime where it earned an average audience share of 50%, or 21 points higher than GMA’s 29%. The primetime block is the most important time of the day when most Filipinos watch TV and advertisers put a larger chunk of their investments to reach more consumers effectively.
Aside from radio and television, ABS-CBN has also become the leader in the local music, film, cable TV, and publishing industries and is also the pioneer of digital terrestrial television (DTT) in the country. As of October 2018, ABS-CBN TVplus, a DTT device, already sold 6.1 million boxes since its launch in 2015. It continues to give Filipinos a premium TV watching experience.
ABS-CBN also leads all media networks in bringing its content online to address the change in the Filipinos’ viewing habits. It launched its new streaming service, iWant, which immediately became the most in-demand app for Filipino iOS and Android users as it reached more than one million mobile app downloads on the first day of its official drop in November 2018, as users scrambled to experience the platform’s original films and series, and its diverse library of content.
- Hong Kong FILMART Online to open on 15 March 82 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- Medialink granted exclusive distribution rights to ‘TSUKIMICHI -Moonlight Fantasy-‘ and ‘Joran The Princess of Snow and Blood’ from Nippon TV in Asia territories excluding Korea 40 views | posted on March 8, 2021
- Lee Seung-gi makes K-drama comeback with ‘Mouse’ to be aired on tvN 37 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- Encore Singapore off to a flying start 36 views | posted on March 4, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020