HOOQ, Asia’s first and largest video-on-demand service, announced the partnership with uCast to add up to 50 online channels into its freemium offering – in a continual effort to corner the Indonesian market. These channels will be included onto the free layer of HOOQ progressively from December starting with 15 channels and will offer Indonesian entertainment fans access to top rated online channels (and on demand content) such as Buzzfeed, Entertainment Weekly, Sports Illustrated, In-Style, Fail Army amongst many others. This is in addition to the 16 free-to-air (FTA) channels already live on the platform’s Live TV offering, including Al Jazeera, K-Drama and Lejel Home Shopping which were all launched last week and more channels will be added by the end of the year.
These online channels complement HOOQ’s existing VOD catalogue and dramatically expands HOOQ’s existing content offering. Spanning across diverse genres from Beauty, Lifestyle, Sport/eSports, Millennial, Comedy, and more, the expanded content offering will not only introduce HOOQ viewers to more short-form content channels but allow them access to the widest repository of local and Hollywood entertainment from blockbuster movies, TV series, Live TV, Pay TV channels and now online channels anytime, anywhere, all on HOOQ.
- The Asia TV Forum & Market and ScreenSingapore officially opens its virtual doors on 1 December 98 views | posted on December 1, 2020
- Viddsee is empowering Asian storytellers through meaningful content 81 views | posted on December 2, 2020
- TechStorm makes landmark debut in Taiwan with Taiwan’s Portico Media and ONLINE MEDIA’s 4gTV 67 views | posted on December 3, 2020
- Astro presents compelling vernacular content for December 49 views | posted on December 3, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020