HOOQ, Asia’s first and largest video-on-demand service, announced the partnership with uCast to add up to 50 online channels into its freemium offering – in a continual effort to corner the Indonesian market. These channels will be included onto the free layer of HOOQ progressively from December starting with 15 channels and will offer Indonesian entertainment fans access to top rated online channels (and on demand content) such as Buzzfeed, Entertainment Weekly, Sports Illustrated, In-Style, Fail Army amongst many others. This is in addition to the 16 free-to-air (FTA) channels already live on the platform’s Live TV offering, including Al Jazeera, K-Drama and Lejel Home Shopping which were all launched last week and more channels will be added by the end of the year.
These online channels complement HOOQ’s existing VOD catalogue and dramatically expands HOOQ’s existing content offering. Spanning across diverse genres from Beauty, Lifestyle, Sport/eSports, Millennial, Comedy, and more, the expanded content offering will not only introduce HOOQ viewers to more short-form content channels but allow them access to the widest repository of local and Hollywood entertainment from blockbuster movies, TV series, Live TV, Pay TV channels and now online channels anytime, anywhere, all on HOOQ.
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 40 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 40 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 39 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 38 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020