CNN and Cartoon Network win big at Asian Academy Creative Awards
CNN and CNN Vision, its global production powerhouse, won five awards for reporting and programming in the region, and went into the awards with 13 national wins from across eight different countries (Hong Kong, Australia, Japan, Korea, Thailand, Philippines, Vietnam and Bangladesh).
Cartoon Network took home three awards. Lamput won “Best 2D Animated Programme or Series,” and Bill & Tony won “Best 3D Animated Programme or Series” and “Best Children’s Animated Programme or Series.” The kids network also scored a further 10 national wins for its shows in Australia, India and Japan, where three were for Turner’s other entertainment brands MondoTV and TABI Channel.
In Korea, there was a country win for We Bare Bears Match3 Repairs (which also featured in the 2018 top-5 mobile game in Google’s People’s Choice Awards). Cartoon Network’s Bears walked the AACA red carpet in triumph on December 7.
Earlier in the week, also in Singapore, Turner secured four gongs at PromaxBDA Asia awards for campaigns and promos on Cartoon Network and Warner TV.
Held in conjunction with Asia Television Forum in Singapore, the Asian Academy Creative Awards are part of the Singapore Media Festival.
Overview of Turner’s regional AACA awards:
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 93 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 54 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 45 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Nippon TV’s ‘Your Turn To Kill’ receives award at 2020 Seoul International Drama Awards 37 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020