Uniwise Offshore selects Thaicom’s Nava for entire fleet
NONTHABURI – Uniwise Offshore, one of Asia’s leading offshore support vessel operators, has chosen Nava, Thaicom’s new high-speed broadband service for maritime markets, to enhance the company’s operations on their entire fleet of more than 30 vessels.
Uniwise Offshore will use Nava enabled high-speed connectivity and solutions to focus on operational improvements, including optimized electronic document handling, as well as ship-to-ship and ship- to-shore communications for safer and more cost-effective operations.
The company will also be able to improve its on-board communication services including crew welfare and fleet management. The service is powered by Nava FTTSTM (Fibre-to-the-Ship) which is able to support very high data rates, providing constantly high bandwidth for operational efficiency with wide area satellite coverage across Asia Pacific. Nava FTTS incorporates an L-band backup solution.
“The Thaicom Nava high-speed broadband connectivity solution will enable Uniwise to boost operations and improve crew welfare across our entire fleet of more than 30 ships. This will allow us to operate more efficiently and offer our crew a workplace which is always connected to high- speed internet”, said Jon-Axel Hauglum, Senior General Manager, Operations, Uniwise Offshore. “Thanks to the flexibility and scalability of the Nava broadband service, our operation can remain future-proof and competitive in the future.”
Taksin Upalagama, Director Mobility Platform of Thaicom, said: “Nava allows operators like Uniwise Offshore to use data dependent applications while at the same time implement stricter cost control with guaranteed availability of service. Nava enables a broadband experience previously unavailable to the maritime industry due to its end-to-end service value proposition and high bit rate capability for even the most demanding applications, offering secure, resilient networks, and 7/24 customer support.”
Nava is Thaicom’s new maritime broadband service platform for ship and offshore operators in Asia. With the launch of the service earlier this year, Thaicom is expanding its broadband service platform to support the maritime industry’s digital transformation. The Nava service enhances vessel efficiency, crew welfare and safety, and facilitates ‘smart ship’ applications by delivering very high levels of reliable high-speed broadband connectivity.
Leading Asian satellite operator Thaicom was established in 1991. The company was the first to launch a broadband satellite in the world, and is a leader in developing integrated solutions for satellite broadband and broadcast services. The company’s engineering teams provide leading-edge, innovative solutions for satellite-based telecommunications services.
Since its establishment the company has launched 8 satellites. Thaicom satellites board more than 1000 TV channels both in SD and HD formats. Thaicom 8, the company’s latest satellite, was launched in May 2016 to expand Thaicom’s servicing capacity and footprint in Asia and Africa.
Established in 1999, Uniwise Offshore has grown to become Thailand’s leading offshore support vessel company. It is a joint venture of the Unithai Group, a major Thai offshore, shipyard and logistics group, and Miclyn Express Offshore, a Singapore based leading provider of offshore service vessels covering South-East Asia, Australia and the Middle East.
Uniwise Offshore owns and operates the largest crew boat fleet in the Gulf of Thailand and state of the art marine support vessels and utility vessels supporting: tanker lifting, static tow duty, drilling rig activities, anchor handling, SPM maintenance, floating hose maintenance, cargo transportation, stand-by, fire-fighting, and oil spill response.
- KC Global Media expands distribution in Cambodia, Malaysia, and the Philippines 74 views | posted on June 10, 2021
- Viu offers a special treat to frontline food delivery heroes of Singapore 60 views | posted on June 9, 2021
- Red Fiber offers special deals and sets expansion goals for seamless customer experience in the Philippines 44 views | posted on June 10, 2021
- Cignal TV, TV5, Smart, and PLDT join forces to deliver multi-platform world-class coverage of the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 39 views | posted on June 14, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020