TIBCO appoints new leader to drive business growth in Asia
SINGAPORE – TIBCO Software, a global leader in integration, API management, and analytics, has announced the appointment of Melissa Ries as general manager of Asia Pacific and Japan (APJ). Based in Singapore, Melissa Ries will take the helm for the region.
With a mandate to drive growth of the company in the region, Ries will lead the sales function by executing a strategic go-to-market plan that fosters deeper customer engagements, strengthens partnerships, and builds a greater network of alliances. As the first female executive to lead the region, Ries’ appointment also underlines TIBCO’s ongoing efforts at promoting diversity and inclusion across its organisation.
“Melissa’s rich experience within the data analytics industry as well as her solid, proven results and experience with various organisations make her uniquely qualified to drive our business in APJ,” said Steve Hurn, executive vice president, global sales, TIBCO. “As the Asia Pacific and Japan region experiences unprecedented growth, particularly in data analytics, Melissa’s success in helping organisations unlock their full value will undoubtedly enhance our position in this market.”
Melissa Ries has over 25 years of experience in the software industry where she has held various positions across sales, pre-sales, services, support, marketing, and R&D. Ries’ in-depth knowledge of the industry, as well as her proven ability to lead teams across Japan, China, Singapore, and Australia, will play a crucial role in growing TIBCO’s presence in the region.
Prior to TIBCO, Ries was the general manager for APJ at Skillsoft, where she was responsible for the growth and leadership of the business in the region. She is no stranger to the data analytics and cloud industry, having spent three years as the vice president and general manager for APJ at Pivotal. She was instrumental in helping customers realise the value of cloud, data analytics, and business intelligence across Asia Pacific.
“The Asia Pacific business landscape is transforming rapidly. Enterprises need to realise the value of data analytics to stay ahead of the competition. This region poses a unique set of challenges for enterprises. We are committed to working with our customers and partners to support enterprises in this region and utilize the power of data analytics and transform their business. I believe TIBCO has the right technology to equip these enterprises to succeed,” said Melissa Ries.
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One 1.3k views | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced 516 views | posted on January 17, 2021
- Nippon TV’s award-winning drama series ‘Mother’ Thai version wins Best Script Writing at the 25th Asian Television Awards 111 views | posted on January 18, 2021
- Bilibili presents China’s first virtual idol musical fantasy film ‘Vox Ultima’ 85 views | posted on January 15, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Producer Alan Eucharis Choo by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 11, 2021