Endemol Shine secures deal with ProSieben Germany for hit series “Younger”
LONDON – Endemol Shine International has secured a deal with ProSiebenSat.1 Media in Germany for the hit US series Younger. The series premiered on the media group’s free TV channel ProSieben in mid-July.
The deal was negotiated by Endemol Shine International’s Sales Director for Germany, Matthew Hodges and includes all five seasons produced to date.
Younger comes from Sex and the City creator Darren Star and stars two-time Tony winner Sutton Foster, Hilary Duff, Debi Mazar, Miriam Shor, Nico Tortorella, Peter Hermann, Molly Bernard and Charles Michael Davis.
The series follows Liza, a woman who lies about her age at her job in the highly competitive world of publishing. As Liza’s personal and professional lives have become irreversibly intertwined over time, keeping the secret proves more and more difficult.
Season 5 premiered in the US on June 5 with the sixth season confirmed before the Season 5 premiere.
Rüdiger Böss, EVP Group Content Acquisitions and Sales at ProSiebenSat.1, said: “After the big success of Sex and the City on our TV stations, I am thrilled to offer our audience the next hit series from Darren Star. I am already a big fan, because as I always say: 40 is the new 26.”
- HBO confirmed as official partner on ‘Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries’ spin-off ‘Miss S’ 64 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 34 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- ABP Network focuses on telling inspiring stories gleaned from across the nation 32 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- MIP Cancun Online+ and All3media International announce judges for second ‘Formats Pitch Competition’ 31 views | posted on September 16, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020