SINGAPORE – NBCUniversal International Networks has launched DreamWorks, the 24-hour HD channel dedicated to kids and family entertainment, on Medianet, the largest pay TV broadcaster in the Maldives.
DreamWorks will be available in English, and the channel will be offered in high definition as part of the kids and family package on Medianet (Channel 838). The channel is carried exclusively on Medianet’s pay TV platform in conjunction with its 13th Anniversary.
In August, viewers of DreamWorks are in for brand new episodes of Emmy award-winning original series Trollhunters: Tales of Arcadia from acclaimed filmmaker Guillermo del Toro, and all-time favourite All Hail King Julien from the Madagascar franchise.
Other signature DreamWorks shows in the program line-up include Trolls: The Beat Goes On! from the blockbuster film Trolls, and Dragons: Race to the Edge from the critically acclaimed How to Train Your Dragon franchise.
“We are thrilled to be working with one of the largest pay TV broadcaster in the Maldives to bring DreamWorks animated series and its beloved characters into homes across the Maldives,” said Christine Fellowes, Managing Director, NBCUniversal International Networks, Asia Pacific.
“With NBCUIN’s channels’ portfolio of DIVA, E! and now DreamWorks available on Medianet, we are confident that DreamWorks award-winning content will appeal to families in the Maldives as it does everywhere in Asia,” Fellowes added.
Ahmed Shafeeu, CEO of Medianet, said: “We are excited at this new journey we have embarked with DreamWorks. Launched for the first time in the Maldives, DreamWorks is poised to be an excellent addition to our content bouquet. It enables us as service providers to enrich our entertainment platform by bringing some of the most beloved characters directly to households across Maldives. Our customers can expect some of the best animations currently available through DreamWorks.”
- Quintus acquires factual titles for its VOD channels Free Documentary and Free Documentary Nature 54 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- Watch features and short films for free at the inaugural True Colors Film Festival 50 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- all3media international announces pre-sales to five continents for new Russell T. Davies drama ‘It’s A Sin’ 48 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- Winsing Animation spotlights its new IP at the ATF 41 views | posted on November 23, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020