SINGAPORE – NBCUniversal International Networks has launched DreamWorks, the 24-hour HD channel dedicated to kids and family entertainment, on Medianet, the largest pay TV broadcaster in the Maldives.
DreamWorks will be available in English, and the channel will be offered in high definition as part of the kids and family package on Medianet (Channel 838). The channel is carried exclusively on Medianet’s pay TV platform in conjunction with its 13th Anniversary.
In August, viewers of DreamWorks are in for brand new episodes of Emmy award-winning original series Trollhunters: Tales of Arcadia from acclaimed filmmaker Guillermo del Toro, and all-time favourite All Hail King Julien from the Madagascar franchise.
Other signature DreamWorks shows in the program line-up include Trolls: The Beat Goes On! from the blockbuster film Trolls, and Dragons: Race to the Edge from the critically acclaimed How to Train Your Dragon franchise.
“We are thrilled to be working with one of the largest pay TV broadcaster in the Maldives to bring DreamWorks animated series and its beloved characters into homes across the Maldives,” said Christine Fellowes, Managing Director, NBCUniversal International Networks, Asia Pacific.
“With NBCUIN’s channels’ portfolio of DIVA, E! and now DreamWorks available on Medianet, we are confident that DreamWorks award-winning content will appeal to families in the Maldives as it does everywhere in Asia,” Fellowes added.
Ahmed Shafeeu, CEO of Medianet, said: “We are excited at this new journey we have embarked with DreamWorks. Launched for the first time in the Maldives, DreamWorks is poised to be an excellent addition to our content bouquet. It enables us as service providers to enrich our entertainment platform by bringing some of the most beloved characters directly to households across Maldives. Our customers can expect some of the best animations currently available through DreamWorks.”
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 90 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 49 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 44 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Nippon TV’s ‘Your Turn To Kill’ receives award at 2020 Seoul International Drama Awards 34 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020