Originally produced by Ape and Bjørn for NRK Norway, Match (20×14′) has been commissioned for a local language remake by free-to-air broadcaster Pro Plus in Slovenia for its channels and platform Voyo.
Meanwhile in the Czech Republic and Slovakia, production company FilmBrigade is adapting the series for Mall TV, the new VOD service from leading e-commerce platform Mall Group that launches this Fall 2018.
Match is an acclaimed comedy series that follows Stian – a twenty-something guy with twenty-something guy problems. But what makes him different are the two sports presenters who give a running commentary on every aspect of his life. He cannot see them but they can see him, and are more than happy to chat tactics, performance and foul-ups as Stian navigates life.
In other CEE scripted remakes news, Red Arrow Studios has also secured a new deal in the region for its crime procedural Einstein (20×45’ + 1×90’ pilot). Scripted format rights have been secured by commercial broadcaster FTV Prima in the Czech Republic, with Sirena on board as production partner.
Einstein centers on Felix, a science genius and the great grandson of Albert Einstein, who is forced to work with the police to solve crimes using his brilliant but eccentric mind.
The original series, created and produced by Zeitsprung Pictures for Germany’s SAT.1 and starring Tom Beck (Alarm for Cobra 11), was a ratings success for the channel and immediately recommissioned for a second season. The show ranked number one in its slot and increased the average channel share by over 55%.
Bo Stehmeier, SVP Global Sales of Red Arrow Studios International said: “Red Arrow prides itself on delivering programming that will resonate with audiences around the world, and these latest deals highlight the strength of scripted formats on our slate. The demand for scripted remakes in Central and Eastern Europe is booming and I am delighted that our new scripted shows are proving a hit with broadcasters and audiences.”
The deals were completed by Stefanie Ströbel, Senior Sales Manager for CEE, CIS and Greece at Red Arrow Studios International.
- A+E Networks Korea’s first Korean drama series ‘Backstreet Rookie’ hits international popularity 9,538 views | posted on July 31, 2020
- GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines 113 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 104 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Astro: Agility in adapting to the new world 96 views | posted on August 3, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020