SINGAPORE – Leading Southeast Asian video-on-demand service HOOQ has appointed Andrew Marshall as its new General Counsel to lend his legal and regulatory expertise to the streaming platform as it evolves across its five markets. Marshall will be based at the HOOQ company headquarters in Singapore.
“I am delighted to have a legal professional of Andrew’s calibre join the HOOQ family. With his vast experience at Disney and ESPN, as well as his knowledge of the technology space in APAC, I am confident that Andrew will play an integral role here at HOOQ as we enter our next stage of growth”, said HOOQ Chief Executive Officer Peter Bithos.
Speaking about his new role, Andrew Marshall said: “HOOQ presents an exciting opportunity, given the brand’s commitment to evolve in response to consumers’ needs and the promising growth of the industry overall. I look forward to working closely with the management team to provide strategic, effective advice that will help HOOQ achieve its ambitions.”
Andrew Marshall brings with him 20 years of legal, regulatory, and public policy experience, having worked with leading media, entertainment and communications companies, including ESPN STAR Sports and The Walt Disney Company among others.
This wealth of experience has fostered a deep understanding of the regulatory landscape for media and entertainment, protection and exploitation of intellectual property, and evolving disruptive technologies in Asia Pacific.
In his previous capacity at Disney, he acted as Regional Counsel for all lines of business in Australia, New Zealand and South-East Asia with a focus on content licensing, including theatrical distribution, studio marketing, and home entertainment. More recently, he provided legal and business development support at Eleven Sports.
Across his roles, Marshall built effective licensing, regulatory and public policy teams while aiming to provide sound, actionable advice. With deep experience in both technology and media companies, Marshall has a unique perspective on evolving disruptive technologies in the media industry.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 45 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 40 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 40 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 39 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020