BBC Global News and Hainan Airlines sign major deal
LONDON – BBC Global News and Hainan Airlines have signed a major new deal, in a special signing ceremony at the BBC’s headquarters in London to celebrate their partnership.
The strategic commercial partnership will see BBC StoryWorks, the award-winning content marketing division of BBC Global News, produce digital and video content for Hainan Airlines to mark the launch of its new route and the beauty of its destinations.
Jim Egan, CEO, BBC Global News and Yufei Wang, Vice President, Branding, Hainan Airlines, spoke about the significance of the partnership.
Jim Egan said: “We are delighted to be continuing our partnership with such a prestigious Chinese brand as Hainan Airlines. We look forward to working closely with them, developing and delivering a range of creative content that will bring their brand and services to life for our global audience.”
Yufei Wang added: “Metaphorically speaking, Hainan Airlines has built an air bridge connecting different cities and regions worldwide, while BBC Global News has built a cultural bridge communicating the diversity of the world in the form of unique and genuine reports. Our cooperation will not only promote cultural exchanges and integration between China and the UK, but also help in cultivating a healthy and closer relationship between the two countries. With the support of the content created by BBC StoryWorks, we expect to enhance our influence across the world by making more travellers aware of our services.”
BBC StoryWorks is the content marketing division of BBC Global News, with teams on the ground in New York, London, Dubai, New Delhi, Beijing, Singapore and Sydney, ensuring access to a global network of creative excellence as well as expert regional knowledge.
The division works with clients to develop and deliver commercial branded content and the sponsorship of BBC editorial across BBC Global News’ digital and TV platforms, as well as digital services provided by BBC Studios and BBC World Service.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 98 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Celestial Tiger Entertainment launches KIX on MultiChoice’s DStv in Africa 37 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Singaporean Tyen Rasif wins ‘Asian Dream’ 29 views | posted on September 23, 2020
- True crime documentary series ‘The Night Caller’ pre-sales from Abacus Media Rights 27 views | posted on September 25, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020