BBC Global News and Hainan Airlines sign major deal
LONDON – BBC Global News and Hainan Airlines have signed a major new deal, in a special signing ceremony at the BBC’s headquarters in London to celebrate their partnership.
The strategic commercial partnership will see BBC StoryWorks, the award-winning content marketing division of BBC Global News, produce digital and video content for Hainan Airlines to mark the launch of its new route and the beauty of its destinations.
Jim Egan, CEO, BBC Global News and Yufei Wang, Vice President, Branding, Hainan Airlines, spoke about the significance of the partnership.
Jim Egan said: “We are delighted to be continuing our partnership with such a prestigious Chinese brand as Hainan Airlines. We look forward to working closely with them, developing and delivering a range of creative content that will bring their brand and services to life for our global audience.”
Yufei Wang added: “Metaphorically speaking, Hainan Airlines has built an air bridge connecting different cities and regions worldwide, while BBC Global News has built a cultural bridge communicating the diversity of the world in the form of unique and genuine reports. Our cooperation will not only promote cultural exchanges and integration between China and the UK, but also help in cultivating a healthy and closer relationship between the two countries. With the support of the content created by BBC StoryWorks, we expect to enhance our influence across the world by making more travellers aware of our services.”
BBC StoryWorks is the content marketing division of BBC Global News, with teams on the ground in New York, London, Dubai, New Delhi, Beijing, Singapore and Sydney, ensuring access to a global network of creative excellence as well as expert regional knowledge.
The division works with clients to develop and deliver commercial branded content and the sponsorship of BBC editorial across BBC Global News’ digital and TV platforms, as well as digital services provided by BBC Studios and BBC World Service.
- New Smithsonian Channel series ‘Dogs With Extraordinary Jobs’ features dogs working to make the world a better place 95 views | posted on June 14, 2021
- DreamWorks launches its brand-new virtual world, Dream Heroes 95 views | posted on June 15, 2021
- Cignal TV, TV5, Smart, and PLDT join forces to deliver multi-platform world-class coverage of the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 90 views | posted on June 14, 2021
- NTV strikes deal with Walter Presents for ‘Murderous Fever’ 47 views | posted on June 14, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020