Sony Crackle brings “Doctor Who” to Latin America
With this deal, Crackle subscribers in the Latin America region will have exclusive access to the highly anticipated global franchise which features Jodie Whittaker as the newest Doctor alongside a completely fresh cast. The new season features ten 50-minute episodes kicking off with a feature length opening episode.
The eleventh season of Doctor Who marks the beginning of a new era for the legendary Time Lord. The series’ new showrunner, Chris Chibnall (Broadchurch), brings a fresh vision to this fun and exciting adventure through time and space.
The new production features Jodie Whittaker as the Thirteenth Doctor, a supremely intelligent force of nature who travels in the company of a number of charming friends. Packed with action, adventure, humour and emotion, the series has remained a hot favourite for many years.
“Doctor Who is a powerful brand which has a long history and faithful fans around the world. This new deal strengthens BBC Studios’ commercial relationship with Crackle and allows us to give Latin American audiences a chance to enjoy this new season of Doctor Who, featuring the first ever woman in the iconic role,” said David Hanono, General Manager, Sales and Digital at BBC Studios Latin America/US Hispanic.
“The incorporation of world-famous series such as Doctor Who to Crackle’s exclusive content offering in Latin America positions our platform as the best choice for operators looking for a turnkey SVOD service with the best technology and premium content on the market,” remarked José Rivera Font, Vice President and General Manager, SPT Digital Networks Latin America.
In Latin America, Crackle is a subscription video on demand (SVOD) service that distributes digital content. It is available through pay TV operators in the region.
In addition to the premiere of the new season of Doctor Who, Crackle’s exclusive content offering will include other series from BBC Studios such as Born to Kill and the first two seasons of Top of the Lake.
Crackle also brings its subscribers exclusive access to other original series such as The Oath, Absentia, the second season of Preacher, Snatch: La Serie, and titles such as Startup, Outsiders and Super Mansión. Crackle also offers its users complete seasons of some of the popular television series on Pay TV, including Mentes Criminales, Scorpion, La Trampa, along with other box office hits from leading Hollywood studios.
All of this content is available in HD without commercial interruptions, subtitled in their original language or dubbed into Spanish and/or Portuguese.
- HBO confirmed as official partner on ‘Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries’ spin-off ‘Miss S’ 46 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- Tata Sky partners with Accedo to develop the user interface of its Smart Set-top box – Tata Sky Binge+ 42 views | posted on September 14, 2020
- Spackman Entertainment Group’s ‘#ALIVE’ number one on Netflix globally 36 views | posted on September 15, 2020
- ABP Network focuses on telling inspiring stories gleaned from across the nation 27 views | posted on September 16, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020