Magnus Kastner is Endemol Shine Germany’s new CEO
Global content producer and distributor Endemol Shine Group has appointed Magnus Kastner as Chief Executive Officer of Endemol Shine Germany.
Magnus Kastner has 25 years of experience in the television industry, most recently with eSports company Turtle Entertainment where he served as Chief Executive in Los Angeles.
Prior to this, Kastner was CEO and Executive Vice President Northern Europe at Viacom International Media Networks, President, at Rotana Media Group, Dubai. He was also Senior Vice President and General Manager at Discovery Networks Deutschland with responsibility for building and expanding the Channel Dmax in the German market, the Pay-TV Channel Discovery Channel, Discovery HD and Animal Planet. Before his time at Discovery Networks, he was CEO of media agency OMD in Hamburg.
“Endemol Shine Germany has an unparalleled track record in both creating original IP and adapting IP across multiple genres. I am very much looking forward to working with the team and collaborating with new colleagues globally to build on this success,” said Kastner.
Kastner joins next month and will report to Boudewijn Beusmans, Chairman of Northern Europe. The company will continue to be led in the interim by Director of Reality & Documentary Rainer Laux, CFO Ute März and Head of Strategic Development Gabi Abegg.
“Magnus is an exceptionally talented executive with a profound knowledge of the German media landscape along with an international perspective and experience. We look forward to him joining next month and I’d like to thank Rainer, Ute and Gabi for ensuring the company is in great shape until then,” said Beusmans.
Endemol Shine Germany’s current slate includes entertainment format Big Bounce Battle, which has just been ordered for a second series on RTL and was a highlight at the recent Mip-TV market, along with international travelling formats Kitchen Impossible and Big Box, Little Box. The company also produces MasterChef, Celebrity Big Brother, The Wall and Who Wants To Be A Millionaire.
The company includes joint venture companies Florida TV in Berlin and METAproductions, along with Wiedemann & Berg Television, the drama producers behind Dark, the first original German drama for Netflix and winner of the prestigious Grimme Preis award.
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One 1.3k views | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced 510 views | posted on January 17, 2021
- Nippon TV’s award-winning drama series ‘Mother’ Thai version wins Best Script Writing at the 25th Asian Television Awards 106 views | posted on January 18, 2021
- Bilibili presents China’s first virtual idol musical fantasy film ‘Vox Ultima’ 83 views | posted on January 15, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Producer Alan Eucharis Choo by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 11, 2021